Does the Red Hammer Trick Really Work?

• Thread starter ZeroPivot
  • Start date
In summary, there is a "red hammer trick" that involves asking a series of basic headcounting questions in which the answer will always be "red hammer." This is believed to be due to the brain taking the shortest path to the answer, with red being a popular color and a hammer being a popular tool. However, there is no scientific evidence to support this claim and it may vary in different cultures. The validity of this trick is also questioned and the thread discussing it has been closed.
ZeroPivot
Are for the most part kinda silly and easy to detect like the one that tells you to double and half and then add 6 and the answer is always 3 you because you added 6.

However the red hammer trick works 100% it worked on me and it worked on everyone i know.
Does it work on you guys?

Physics news on Phys.org
What is the "red hammer trick"?
:smile:

arildno said:

you ask a bunch of basic headcounting questions to someone like what is:

19+35

7*12

39-14

6*6

name a color and a tool.

the answer will always be red hammer. I am not a psychologist but something fantastic and amazing occurs the answer is ALWAYS red hammer. my theory is that the brain always goes for the shortest path to the answer and the color red is the most popular color in the brain and the tool hammer is the most popular tool in our brain index. when you think of a tool you think hammer.

Do you have some peer-reviewed references on that?
Ask those questions in a different culture would most likely yield another answer, even if it is basically true within the US culture.

arildno said:
Do you have some peer-reviewed references on that?
Ask those questions in a different culture would most likely yield another answer, even if it is basically true within the US culture.

no of course not. i doubt that since a hammer is the most basic tool there is no matter the culture. and red is red. i suggest you try this one someone in your family see what kind of results you will get.

ZeroPivot said:
no of course not. i doubt that since a hammer is the most basic tool there is no matter the culture. and red is red. i suggest you try this one someone in your family see what kind of results you will get.
There are lots of Amazon tribes not using hammers, and GREEN is quite possibly the colour they first will think of..

I would think of a blue pen...or a saw.

Lol I remember that "trick" from middle school. Barely anyone ever said red hammer. I have no idea where you are getting your grandiose claims.

WannabeNewton said:
Lol I remember that "trick" from middle school. Barely anyone ever said red hammer. I have no idea where you are getting your grandiose claims.

i said red hammer, my sister too. and pen is not a tool. not in the traditional sense. a tool is hammer saw screwdriver ect..

Enigman said:
I would think of a blue pen...or a saw.

once you know about the trick you can't be tested. your answer is void.

arildno said:
It's a spammy e-mail that's been circulating the internet for years.

Evo said:
It's a spammy e-mail that's been circulating the internet for years.

its not spammy since it worked for me and everyone else i tried it on. red hammer is the answer every single time.

This is stupid. Thread closed because of unscientific claims.

What is a number trick?

A number trick is a mathematical or numerical puzzle or game that involves manipulating numbers in a specific way to achieve a desired outcome or result. It often requires logical and critical thinking skills.

What are some examples of number tricks?

Some examples of number tricks include mind reading tricks, magic squares, card tricks, and number guessing games. These tricks often involve patterns, sequences, and mathematical principles to create an illusion or surprise outcome.

What is the purpose of number tricks?

The purpose of number tricks is to provide entertainment and challenge for individuals while also promoting critical thinking and problem-solving skills. These tricks can also be used as educational tools to teach mathematical concepts in a fun and engaging way.

How can I learn to do number tricks?

There are many resources available for learning number tricks, including books, online tutorials, and classes. It is important to have a basic understanding of mathematical principles and to practice regularly to improve your skills.

Are there any benefits to practicing number tricks?

Yes, practicing number tricks can improve your mental math skills, logical thinking abilities, and memory. It can also boost confidence and provide a sense of accomplishment when successfully completing a trick. Additionally, it can be a fun and engaging way to exercise the brain.