Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Numerical Analysis/Methods Packages

1. Aug 13, 2005 #1
    Any body use or know of any good numerical analysis packages in C/C++.
    something like LAPACK. and are they easy to use.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2005 #2
  4. Aug 13, 2005 #3

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

5. Aug 14, 2005 #4
    thanks i alredy have thle numerical recipesin C(waiting on C++) just wondering if there were some other ones, or if people have used cLAPACK. I'll look into gsl but it seems only for linux =[ and i'm coding in windows platform(like the vc6 interface too much.

i'll also look at the netlib site...thanks...thats the one my compphys text(landau) suggested...have you guys used these packages...are they pretty optimized?

6. Aug 14, 2005 #5
    Yes, I've used/use several programs from netlib and have never had any problems with any of them (including several routines from LAPACK-fortran version). As for optimization it depends on what you mean by "optimized". The code can be optimized for vector processing, parallel processing, or scalar processing. Check the header of the given code you want for specifics.

7. Aug 16, 2005 #6
    You may know of this, but there's a version of LAPACK for C++ called LAPACK++, but this is being superseeded by the Template Numerical Toolkit, available at http://math.nist.gov/tnt/.

8. Aug 16, 2005 #7

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?