Numerical Integration in 3D Space: Fortran 90 Help and Insights | TheIsingGuy

In summary, the conversation is about integrating a function in 3D space and plotting the result. The person is using Fortran 90 and is considering piecewise integration with small intervals and 1 trapezium. They are asking for insights on how to plot the function and someone recommends visiting a website for help. The original person has already figured it out and mentions that they knew about resources but found a simpler solution.
TheIsingGuy
I want to integrate a function in 3D space, and then plot the integrated function, to compare with my analytical solution, I am using Fortran 90, I have no problem integrating, I am just not sure how I can plot the resulting function out. I am currently thinking about piecewise integration, using small intervals with only 1 trapezium, where I take each trapezium, find its area and divide by dx(its height) to give the average value of the 2 bases, which I am approximating as the value of the function.

I would be grateful if someone could share some insights on this problem.

must appreciated. TheIsingGuy

Physics news on Phys.org
CFDFEAGURU said:
You should visit the following site.

http://www.nrbook.com/a/bookf90pdf.php

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I have figured it out anyways. I already knew about the recipes book and NAG libraries but what I had in about 8 lines of code it took them about 2 pages...

1. What is numerical integration in 3D space?

Numerical integration in 3D space is a mathematical method used to calculate the definite integral of a function over a three-dimensional region. It involves breaking down the region into smaller sub-regions and approximating the integral by summing up the contributions from each sub-region.

2. What is Fortran 90?

Fortran 90 is a programming language commonly used in scientific and engineering applications. It is an updated version of the Fortran programming language, which was originally developed in the 1950s. Fortran 90 offers a wide range of features and capabilities, making it a popular choice for numerical calculations.

3. How can Fortran 90 help with numerical integration in 3D space?

Fortran 90 has built-in functions and libraries that can facilitate numerical integration in 3D space. These include functions for calculating definite integrals, as well as libraries for handling arrays and vectors, which are useful for representing 3D data.

4. What additional insights does "TheIsingGuy" provide on numerical integration in 3D space?

TheIsingGuy provides a comprehensive guide and insights on numerical integration in 3D space using Fortran 90. This includes explanations of the underlying concepts, step-by-step instructions on how to implement numerical integration algorithms, and tips for optimizing the code for better performance.

5. Can numerical integration in 3D space be applied to real-world problems?

Yes, numerical integration in 3D space has a wide range of applications in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. It can be used to solve complex mathematical models and simulate real-world scenarios, providing valuable insights and solutions to practical problems.