1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Numerical studies?

1. Nov 18, 2011 #1
    Hello guys, I have some experience with numerical methods and simulating various physical phenomena. Recently i was searching for a new research problem where i can do numerical studies and which can lead to a research paper. Do you guys have any suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2011 #2
    The realm of solid state/condensed matter/photonics has a lot of activity right now because there are so many applications. And a lot of it can be approached numerically, because the fundamental physical equations are well established, but the specific forms of the equations are problem dependent and can be solved numerically.

4. Nov 18, 2011 #3
    Thank you for your reply. Do you have any specific research problem in your mind? actually the thing is it is really difficult to define a problem than to find a solution to that problem. The fields which you mentioned are very vast.

5. Nov 18, 2011 #4
    Recently i developed a numerical model to study the temporal behavior of a nanosecond pulsed optical parametric oscillator, though it had been done but it was quite interesting.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook