Nvidia's Upcoming GTX 980 Ti: What We Know So Far

• Thread starter ElliotSmith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Nvidia
In summary, the next major graphics card release from Nvidia is expected to be the GTX 980 Ti in Q2 2015. The 980 Ti is a more powerful version of the 980, which is only slightly faster than the 780 Ti but has better energy efficiency and DX12 compatibility. Technical details about the new cards have not yet been released, but it has been noted that the drivers are proprietary and can be difficult to keep up with for Linux users. Additionally, automatic updates for driver downloads may no longer be available for Windows users.
ElliotSmith
Read on a tech website that the next big release of graphics cards from Nvidia is going to be the GTX 980 Ti and should launch sometime in Q2 2015.

Should I wait until the Ti edition of the GTX 980, or should I go ahead and buy the regular 980?

The 980 is only about 5-10% faster than the 780 Ti, but is much more energy efficient and compatible with DX12, which is why they are making a pumped-up version of the 980 to appease the enthusiast GPU market.

Have any technical details about these new cards been released?

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
The drivers are proprietary.

If you run a linux OS, keeping up with nVidia drivers is a PITA, broke my latest version change two weeks ago.

CPU grafix sux.

I'm using Windows 7 HP 64-bit

And for some reason, I no longer receive automatic updates telling me if there are new drivers for me to download.

1. What is the performance of the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti?

The Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti has a performance similar to the GTX Titan X, with 2816 CUDA cores and a base clock speed of 1000 MHz. It also has a boost clock speed of 1076 MHz and a memory bandwidth of 336 GB/s.

2. How much memory does the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti have?

The Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti has 6 GB of GDDR5 memory, making it suitable for high-resolution gaming and graphic-intensive tasks.

3. Can the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti support multiple monitors?

Yes, the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti supports up to four displays simultaneously. It also has NVIDIA Surround technology, allowing for an immersive gaming experience on multiple monitors.

4. What is the recommended power supply for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti?

The recommended power supply for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti is 600 watts or higher. This graphics card also requires a minimum of two 8-pin power connectors.

5. Is the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti suitable for VR gaming?

Yes, the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti is VR-ready and can handle most virtual reality games with ease. It has the necessary hardware and performance capabilities to provide a smooth and immersive VR gaming experience.