Nyone else here enjoy drinking in the shower?

• Thread starter DeadWolfe
  • Start date
In summary, the man is talking about how great it is to drink and how he doesn't understand why others don't enjoy it as much as he does. He also talks about how you can drink without getting wet and how the cool kids are doing it. Finally, he mentions the Chindogu Hydrophobe's Bath Suit and how you can take a bath without getting wet.
I've never drunk in the shower, but once, when I was crawling on all fours toward some indistinct light in the distance, stopping occasionally to take a sip from a bottle of applejack I'd made myself from a crate of old apples pulled from a dumpster in back of a corner market, a sudden clap of thunder alerted me to the fact it was about to rain. Hitting the gas, I made for cover under a tall, widely spread, protective tree of some sort. Once under the aegis of it's thickly leaved limbs, I experienced far less of a moisture problem and lay there listening to the relaxing sound of the firehose-like torrent of water issuing down from the dark night sky all around me, sipping the tangy beverage at my leisure.

Some sort of voltage problem developed, apparently, because later in the scenario the tree trunk against which I was sitting detonated as if it were TNT and I was briefly aware that I was experiencing ballistic motion, as described so well by Galileo. I don't recall the exact circumstances under which this came to an end, but the EMT said something to his partner about my being lucky I was under the influence and all loose and relaxed when I landed. Regardless, I was quite black and blue in many places, and sore. At the hospital they provided me with vicadin and a proper shower.

Does that count?

Physics news on Phys.org
Math Is Hard said:
I dunno... Can I sit in the shower with an umbrella so I can have a cig with my drink? :rofl:
EEEWWW! My dad used to smoke in the shower! Left his soggy yellow tipped cig in there too!
smokin will kill you ...it killed him...

larkspur said:
EEEWWW! My dad used to smoke in the shower! Left his soggy yellow tipped cig in there too!
smokin will kill you ...it killed him...
How the heck is that possible?:bugeye: :confused: I mean, maybe if you had a hooka with those long bendy pipes or something? But a cig?

Math Is Hard said:
How the heck is that possible?:bugeye: :confused: I mean, maybe if you had a hooka with those long bendy pipes or something? But a cig?
It must not have worked too well because the residual cig was just about .25% smoked.

Danger said:
My hands clench when I'm unconscious, the same way a bird clamps onto a branch for sleeping. :tongue:

there must be something wrong with the coding on the forum, for some reason it says you are the funniest member...

Tuneman said:
there must be something wrong with the coding on the forum, for some reason it says you are the funniest member...
Hehehehe. You the new competition?

Tuneman said:
for some reason it says you are the funniest member...
It's supposed to say 'funkiest'; these people can't spell.

Tom Mattson said:
I don't come that cheap! :grumpy:
Hey! I'm the one selling the tickets here, and I set the price. There's a sisterhood discount. Arildno has to pay a lot more. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Hey! I'm the one selling the tickets here, and I set the price. There's a sisterhood discount. Arildno has to pay a lot more. :biggrin:
I'll pay $50 if I can have that soap-on-a-rope after the show! :tongue2: :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
I'll pay $50 if I can have that soap-on-a-rope after the show! :tongue2: :biggrin:
For $100 you can help with the soap-on-a-rope during the show. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Ladies! What's gotten into you! :rolleyes: Springtime is over.

Moonbear said:
Moonie, if I ever get married, you are in charge of planning the bachelorette party. :approve:

Math Is Hard said:
Moonie, if I ever get married, you are in charge of planning the bachelorette party. :approve:
I think it already started. :rofl:

Somehow I don't you ladies in a hurry to get married. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope the unmarried PF sisters find some worthy men. :smile:

Astronuc said:
Somehow I don't you ladies in a hurry to get married. :rolleyes:
If we were, don't you think we'd be married already? :wink: I know too many people who put getting married ahead of finding the right partner, and now they're all getting unmarried. It seems important enough to take one's time and do it right the first time. :approve: My grandmother always told me I was too picky, but it's not like she did her grandmotherly job of finding other grandmothers with nice, rich doctor grandsons to fix me up with. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope the unmarried PF sisters find some worthy men. :smile:
I'm sure there is someone out there, just have to stumble into him. I do know that I'm very impressed with all the young men around here, so if I had been 15 years younger...

I'm sure there are at least a few good fish that got away or were thrown back when they were younger and not quite ready for catching yet.

Math Is Hard said:
Deal! :biggrin: As long as you return the favor!

Moonbear said:
My grandmother always told me I was too picky, but it's not like she did her grandmotherly job of finding other grandmothers with nice, rich doctor grandsons to fix me up with. :rolleyes:
Do we have the same grandmother? Oh, yeah.. I guess we do, sis! :rofl:
Deal! :biggrin: As long as you return the favor!
No Problem-o! Oy vey! I was just thinking that a Sisterhood bachelorette party could get completely out of hand!:eek: