1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

NYU is ranked #1 in applied mathematics for graduate school

1. Nov 13, 2005 #1
    I know NYU is ranked #1 in applied mathematics for graduate school. But how is its undergraduate mathematics program? Can students take classes at the Courant Institute. Is it up to par with the graduate school?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2005 #2
    anyone have any comments or feedback?

thanks

4. Nov 16, 2005 #3
    no idea

But ask people at the courant institute if they have undergrads involved in some research that you may be interested in getting involved with. It be worth it too work with some of those folks

5. Nov 16, 2005 #4

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

well i just looked at their website and it looks pretty strong.

the faculty includes such famous names as bogomolov, mckean, cheeger, gromov, cappell, tschinkel.

i do not know if they are all active, but probably the younger people are also very strong.

anywhere the professors are that strong, the courses they teach are probably also excellent.

they say explicitly in the descri-tion of their honors program that graduate courses are possible for honors undergraduates.

you really need to ask their faculty and advisors these questions, but how can you go wrong at such a fine place?

basically anyone in this country can get an education at almost any reasonable school in the uS that offers more than they can handle.

just be agressive, and go after whatever is available wherever you are.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?