1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

NYU-POLY for EE grad school

1. Apr 10, 2012 #1
    Hi all,

I just got into NYU-POLY for graduate school in electrical engineering. I didn't really know much about the school before applying, I just thought NYU sounded good so I applied there. I applied to three other schools but I haven't heard back from them, and I may not as I might have screwed up all of the applications (one of my professors never wrote my rec letters because he's too busy or something, but NYU POLY only needed 2 of the 3 though so that was sufficient). BTW I'm about to graduate from MY electrical engineering program at Penn State with a bachelor's.

Does anybody have any first hand experience with this school, particularly the graduate programs?

Other info: I'm not dead set about graduate school. I have a passion for learning and that's why I applied in the first place, but I don't really enjoy my life too much these days as school takes up 80 hours/week on classes/H DUBS/Studying. Is it better to just get a job and work 40 hours /week and make money or should I study for at least a few years at NYU-POLY. I'm also scared s***less to live in the city (mostly because logistics are a nightmare for me. I can't follow directions and I lose keys/phone/wallet regularly).

Thanks!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted