Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

O ring Groove Dimensions

1. Apr 29, 2009 #1
    Hi,

I need to find the dimensions for O ring grooves for different size o rings, for static, dynamic and face sealing. Does anyone have a web link for these for BS and/or ISO metric dimensions. All the ones i can find are subscription ones.

Many thanks

Ed

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 29, 2009 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Parker seals have an excellent O ring guide with their catalogue
    Go to parker.com -> literature -> o rings (it's a Javascript thing you can't link to)

For special/very large o rings they make to order so call them about availability before you start designing the massive vacuum chamber.

4. Apr 29, 2009 #3
    That is bloody marvellous! Its about 100 time better than i need, and i never would have found it by myself! Thank you very much!
    Ed

5. Apr 29, 2009 #4
    When you get seals that are hard to get to make sure to consider dove-tail O-ring grooves. I did this on a piston valve and it does wonders. Also, for vacuum applications, make sure that the seating surfaces are nicely polished. Mainly scratches across the groove are bad. Also use Dow Vacuum Grease.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook