O utopia: superconductors for transmission lines globally?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of superconductors for transmission lines and the potential for room temperature superconductivity in the future. The speaker also mentions their own research on the topic and their struggle to find relevant information. They clarify that by "globally," they mean whether superconductors are being used for this purpose in any part of the world. They also share a link for further information on the subject.
genhiit
o:) utopia: superconductors for transmission lines globally?

o:) undefinedundefined
i want to develop a model ,entailing all the parameters required to transmitt power using SUPERCONDUCTORS .
IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME PLEEZE POST THE NUMERICAL DATA REGD THE SAME ,this will be highly acknowledged by me

Engineering news on Phys.org
I don't know about the "globally" part. You need to keep the conductor in liquid nitrogen to get the superconducting effect. At least for now, anyway. Hopefully the researchers will keep increasing the critical temperature -- room temp superconductivity would be awesome, eh?

Here's a link to get you started...

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question610.htm

thanks dude,butt///

berkeman said:
I don't know about the "globally" part. You need to keep the conductor in liquid nitrogen to get the superconducting effect. At least for now, anyway. Hopefully the researchers will keep increasing the critical temperature -- room temp superconductivity would be awesome, eh?

Here's a link to get you started...

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question610.htm
i ve done quite a thing on this topic and also don't found any thing relevantly usefull regd d sub ,becoz in transmission the receiving and sending end voltages will b zero causing zero line current which inturn will cutt out the amount of conductor used ,butt still i am not done with creating a clear pic of the case depicting the Zbus and transients and the line parameters ie T ,cross etc and also i am failed in creating transfer matrix.
dude by globbaly i want to know that whether in ane part of thr world we r using superconductors for the same/////////

http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/01/07/fairleycomp0701.asp

1. What is a superconductor?

A superconductor is a material that has the ability to conduct electricity with zero resistance when it is cooled below a certain temperature, typically near absolute zero. This means that the material can transmit electricity without any loss of energy, making it highly efficient for transmitting large amounts of electricity over long distances.

2. How can superconductors be used for transmission lines?

Superconductors can be used for transmission lines by replacing traditional copper or aluminum wires with superconducting wires. These wires are able to carry much larger amounts of electricity without any loss of energy, making them ideal for long distance transmission of electricity.

3. What are the benefits of using superconductors for transmission lines?

The use of superconductors for transmission lines has several benefits, including increased efficiency, reduced energy loss, and lower maintenance costs. Superconductors also take up less space and can carry more electricity than traditional wires, making them ideal for transmitting large amounts of energy over long distances.

4. Are superconductors expensive?

Superconductors can be more expensive than traditional wires, but the long-term benefits often outweigh the initial cost. The increased efficiency and reduced maintenance costs can result in significant savings over time. Additionally, as technology advances and production processes become more efficient, the cost of superconductors is expected to decrease.

5. Can superconductors be used globally for transmission lines?

Yes, superconductors can be used globally for transmission lines. However, the technology is still relatively new and expensive, so it may take some time for it to be widely adopted. As more research and development is done, it is expected that superconductors will become a more common and cost-effective option for transmitting electricity globally.