1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Obama - changes

1. Nov 9, 2008 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

This article really gives me hope that we are going to see a lot of the negative changes that Bush made reversed.

I hope that the Republicans aren't going to fight him tooth and nail on everything. I'm referring to
    I don't necessarily see that as a good thing when you consider the changes that Obama wants to bring about. Serving as a "check and balance" is one thing, serving as a means of continuing what we have seen happen the last eight years, no.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081109/ap_on_el_pr/obama

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2008 #2
    I agree completely. Let's hope that it will be a case of "check and balance" that includes conscious thought and reason and not just a teenage-type stubbornness in refusing every proposal out of principle and without merit.

4. Nov 10, 2008 #3

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

I think the danger that the Republicans face in being a "check" is in not being obstructionists.

To the extent that they stand in the way of successful programs their balance may only be a check to themselves.

5. Nov 10, 2008 #4
    The Californians have been in this "check and balance" mumbo-jumbo since the beginning of summer, when the budget was already overdue... We still don't have a budget to this day...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?