Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Obama - changes

1. Nov 9, 2008 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

This article really gives me hope that we are going to see a lot of the negative changes that Bush made reversed.

I hope that the Republicans aren't going to fight him tooth and nail on everything. I'm referring to
    I don't necessarily see that as a good thing when you consider the changes that Obama wants to bring about. Serving as a "check and balance" is one thing, serving as a means of continuing what we have seen happen the last eight years, no.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081109/ap_on_el_pr/obama

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2008 #2
    I agree completely. Let's hope that it will be a case of "check and balance" that includes conscious thought and reason and not just a teenage-type stubbornness in refusing every proposal out of principle and without merit.

4. Nov 10, 2008 #3

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

I think the danger that the Republicans face in being a "check" is in not being obstructionists.

To the extent that they stand in the way of successful programs their balance may only be a check to themselves.

5. Nov 10, 2008 #4
    The Californians have been in this "check and balance" mumbo-jumbo since the beginning of summer, when the budget was already overdue... We still don't have a budget to this day...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?