Object sensor

Hello,
I used to watch a youtube's clip of tracking human motion long ago. I wonder if I do something similar, how "big" is the object sensor I should buy ? I'd like to monitor thefts if any in front of my house, I need details before purchasing any, as I'm afraid I'll be ripped off. Thank you.
Thanks Youtube, they offer me so many open chances for more neat ideas. Love this site too, all excelent people.

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Hello,
I used to watch a youtube's clip of tracking human motion long ago. I wonder if I do something similar, how "big" is the object sensor I should buy ? I'd like to monitor thefts if any in front of my house, I need details before purchasing any, as I'm afraid I'll be ripped off. Thank you.
Thanks Youtube, they offer me so many open chances for more neat ideas. Love this site too, all excelent people.
Welcome to the PF.

Just get an inexpensive camera and recorder. You can also get them where they detect motion, and increase the resolution of the stored images when there is motion (to save on storage size when nothing is going on).

Welcome to the PF.

Just get an inexpensive camera and recorder. You can also get them where they detect motion, and increase the resolution of the stored images when there is motion (to save on storage size when nothing is going on).
Hunters use motion activated cameras to help scout locations - you can get these many outdoors-type stores that carry hunting/fishing supplies. They should do the trick.