Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Objective article about physics/engineering in development

1. Jun 19, 2005 #1
    Well, I've been asked by a local newspaper to write an objective article about physics/engineering in development. Pretty broad, huh? Well, I live in a small town, so there's nothing here to talk about, other than the MINOS neutrino detector in my state. But it's supposed to be more worldy, I guess.

So, I ask you the most broad question ever: what interesting developments are being made in physics/engineering?

some things I thought of:
    -new underwater 'fish lung' to replace O2 tanks?
    - http://www.international-spaceplane-program.org/pages/1/index.htm ?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 19, 2005 #2
    Just on a bit of a tangent why not use the MINOS neutrino detector as your start point, and talk around the duscoveries and parts of physcis that that detector is linked to. Then also, as there are MINOS projects in Japan and Europe you could make links with those.

Jsut my 2 Cents!

1 question, the MINOS dectector is in Minnosota isn't it?

4. Jun 19, 2005 #3
    Yeah. I read about it in the star tribune (biggest paper in MN) and I just thought "Hey, cool!"
  5. Jun 19, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You might consider nano-technology. Here are a few links that I've used. You could look at "smart materials" as well.

Spray-On Solar-Power Cells Are True Breakthrough

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?