Objective-C Help - Ignacio Cabero Can't Figure It Out

• Thread starter ignaciocabero
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about someone trying to fix an error with adding brackets in Objective-C. The first person is having trouble finding the error and asks for help, while the second person gives some hints and advice. The first person eventually figures out the issue with adding brackets, but has another error that they need help with. The second person offers more advice and a specific hint for the new error.
ignaciocabero
I've tried to figure out the problem all night, but I can't figure it out.
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1408135774.004256.jpg
Sorry if it's hard to see.
Thank you so much,
Ignacio Cabero.

Technology news on Phys.org
I've never used Objective-C, but even I can see there's something wrong with
Code:
         [[hero addChild:rightEye];
I'm pretty sure every "[" needs to be matched by a "]".

Thanks so much, that helped for the hero addChild, but there is still the three other ones that I need help with (the ones under the hero addChild

Welp, I actually fixed that problem by adding some brackets, but now this shows up.
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1408140714.136093.jpg

ignaciocabero said:
Thanks so much, that helped for the hero addChild, but there is still the three other ones that I need help with (the ones under the hero addChild

ignaciocabero said:
Welp, I actually fixed that problem by adding some brackets, but now this shows up. View attachment 72194
Some hints about errors.

1. When one error occurs, often the following lines don't make sense to the compiler; fixing the first error may make the other errors go away.
  2. Sometimes the error isn't on the line identified by the compiler, but on the line before (e.g. something is missing from the line before, so the compiler can't make sense of the current line).
That second hint applies to the error you have now.

Thanks, but when I put a '( ' like it tells me to, it doesn't work.

1. What is Objective-C?

Objective-C is a general-purpose, object-oriented programming language that is primarily used for developing software for Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems. It is a superset of the C programming language and adds object-oriented capabilities and a dynamic runtime.

2. Who is Ignacio Cabero?

Ignacio Cabero is a computer science student who is seeking help with understanding Objective-C. He may be a student at a university or a self-taught programmer.

3. What is the issue that Ignacio Cabero is facing with Objective-C?

From the title of the question, it seems that Ignacio Cabero is having trouble understanding or figuring out a particular aspect of Objective-C. This could be related to syntax, coding conventions, or a specific concept within the language.

4. How can I help Ignacio Cabero with his issue?

If you are knowledgeable in Objective-C, you can offer to help Ignacio Cabero by providing explanations, examples, or resources that may aid in his understanding. You can also offer to answer any specific questions he may have or provide guidance on how to approach his issue.

5. Is it common for people to struggle with Objective-C?

Objective-C is considered to be a more advanced language, so it is not uncommon for people to struggle with it, especially if they are new to programming. However, with practice and persistence, it is possible to become proficient in Objective-C.