Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Obsessive fly swotter

1. Aug 21, 2005 #1
    see below:-
    [​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2005 #2
    see what below?!

4. Aug 23, 2005 #3

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I bought a new Venus fly trap today. My last one died when one of my lazy housemates neglected to water her for a fortnight.

This one's going to be much better. Does anyone know whether she'll be happier in her little pot, or if she will flourish in a bigger one? She looks very cramped in there, and I want her to have as many mouths as possible because my new flat seems to come with a healthy population of flies. And does she just want to be fed on flies, or are wasps, daddy-long-legses and bacon bits fair game too?

5. Aug 23, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know much about Venus fly traps, so can't help there. How's the new place? Did the move go well? Did you remember everything important?

6. Aug 24, 2005 #5

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've moved everything in now, it's in a position where I can feel at home there! The flat is really nice, it's brand new so there are a few little niggles but otherwise it's lovely. I think I remembered everything, but we're very short on saucepans, glasses, and towels. And I tried to buy some big CD towers from Ikea, but they wouldn't fit in my car. Rats and ass!

I've come back to Sheffield for a few days now, since my job doesn't start until next week. Also, this weekend is the first ever Physics Forums - North of England Meeting! With a bit of luck, myself, matthyiouiaouw and icvotria will be drinking lots of free cider in the middle of a field in Yorkshire whilst listening to some kickass music. Hooray! Good job it isn't pissing it down... Oh no, wait a minute...

7. Aug 24, 2005 #6
    If you re-pot it, don't go any bigger then the next size pot. You should avoid giving it bacon or meat, they really don't do well with it.
    Sounds like you have settled in, hope it went well!

8. Aug 24, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I hate when that happens. That'll be one good thing about moving to WV, lots of people have pick-up trucks for me to bum help transporting big stuff. :biggrin:

Sounds fun! Take lots of pictures!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?