Using Simplex Method to Obtain Dictionary for LP Problem

• Thread starter pinki82
  • Start date
In summary, obtaining a dictionary serves the purpose of having a comprehensive and authoritative reference for the definitions, spellings, and pronunciations of words in a particular language. There are various types of dictionaries available, including general, specialized, bilingual, and learner's dictionaries. Dictionaries can be obtained through purchasing a physical copy, ordering online, or downloading a digital version. When choosing a dictionary, important considerations include language coverage, level of detail, intended audience, and additional features. Having a dictionary is important for building vocabulary, improving language skills, and understanding the meaning and usage of words. It also serves as a valuable reference for writing, reading, and communication in various contexts.
pinki82
For the problem,
Max (-5x_1 + 2x_2 + x_3 )
2x_1 - x_2 + 4x_3 <= 4
x_1 + x_2 + 2x_3 <= 5
-2x_1 + x_2 + x_3 <= -1
x_1, x_2, x_3 >= 0

Obtain the Dictionary corresponding to x*_1 = 1/2
x*_2 = 0 , x*_3 = 0

WORK DONE :

Do i solve this using the Simplex Method??
please help.thanks~

Physics news on Phys.org
It's been ages since I've done any LP so don't take my word on this...

Yes, you solve this using the Simplex method (I'm sure of this).
x1, x2, x3 are your basic variables and x1*, x2*, x3* are the non-basic variables with initial values = 0. Proceed with Simplex till you get x1* = 1/2, x2* = x3* = 0.

What is the purpose of obtaining a dictionary?

The purpose of obtaining a dictionary is to have a comprehensive and authoritative reference for the definitions, spellings, and pronunciations of words in a particular language.

What types of dictionaries are available?

There are several types of dictionaries available, including general dictionaries, specialized dictionaries for specific subjects or fields, bilingual dictionaries for translation between two languages, and learner's dictionaries for non-native speakers.

How can I obtain a dictionary?

Dictionaries can be obtained through various means, such as purchasing a physical copy from a bookstore, ordering online, or downloading a digital version. Some dictionaries are also available for free online.

What should I consider when choosing a dictionary?

When choosing a dictionary, it is important to consider the language or languages it covers, the level of detail and information provided, the intended audience, and any additional features or resources included.

Why is it important to have a dictionary?

Having a dictionary is important for building vocabulary, improving language skills, and understanding the meaning and usage of words. It can also serve as a valuable reference for writing, reading, and communication in various contexts.