1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Obtain the resistance of a ntc thermistor

1. Nov 3, 2005 #1
    Please Help!!!!!

HI.
    Im really struggling to work out how to obtain the resistance of a ntc thermistor from just having the temperature. Ive been given the characteristic temp. of 3900K, labelled B for some reason. the only equation i can find to use is R = A.e to the power of B/T. I think this is somwthing to do with the base of natural logarithms, but when i asked my lecturer, he said no knowledge of logs was needed.
    Please help!

Thank you loads in advance..

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 3, 2005 #2

verty

Homework Helper

Is there any more information?

4. Nov 3, 2005 #3
    The question asks that if the ntc thermistor has a resistance of 47 ohms at 20 degrees celsius, and its characteristic temp is 3900K then what is its resistance at 100 degrees celsius?
    I cant even find a suitable equation which relates its resistance to its temperature.

5. Nov 3, 2005 #4

verty

Homework Helper

I am going to guess here because I don't actually know. I'm guessing the resistance is 0 at the characteristic temperature. Perhaps you know about that. I will also assume a linear relationship. If it isn't linear, you need more information anyhow.

Assuming this, it's a ratio. Actually, I'll let you work it out rather. Try with these assumptions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?