Where to Find Cheap Miniature Pumps & Solenoid Valves

• Thread starter Taco Bell
  • Start date
  • Tags
    parts
In summary, the person is looking for miniature parts, specifically solenoid valves and pumps, but is having difficulty finding them. They have located some parts from a wholesale distributor and are wondering how to obtain a few of these parts or get the distributor to ship them. They also mention that they are looking for cheap options, with a price range of $10-$30. They have had good experiences shopping at surplus stores and recommend Efton Science as a potential source.
Taco Bell
I'm trying to start a project that uses miniature parts, solenoid valves and pumps mainly. It is very hard if not impossible to find these parts. I did manage to locate some parts that are seemed suitable for my needs. But, these parts are from some wholesale distributor. What I would like to know is where/how can I obtain one or two of these small parts, or how can I get the wholesale distributor to ship one or two of their parts? (Also, I'm a cheapskate so I assumed that these part would cost between 10 and 30 US dollars. I guess that should be included in the question, "Where can I find cheap miniature pumps and solenoid valves at retail quantities?") Anyway, your posts and answer are much appreciated, and thank you in advance.

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/takasago-electric/piezoelectric-micro-pump-7120-397174.html" [Broken]

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/takasago-electric/piezoelectric-micro-pump-7120-397174.html" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I can't say as to whether or not this suits your needs, but I've always had good experiences shopping at "surplus" stores. Princess Auto was always great, but they've changed in the past few years and are strictly a Canadian chain as far as I know. Efton Science has proven to be a very valuable source (formerly called Edmund Scientific). They're based out of New Jersey. You might even have some home-grown establishment that carries nick-knacks of use.

1. Where can I purchase cheap miniature pumps and solenoid valves?

There are several online retailers that offer a wide variety of cheap miniature pumps and solenoid valves, such as Amazon, eBay, and AliExpress. You can also check out local hardware stores or specialty shops for these products.

2. How do I know if the miniature pump or solenoid valve is of good quality?

It is important to do some research on the brand and read reviews from other customers before making a purchase. Look for products with certifications or ratings from reputable organizations. Additionally, make sure to check the specifications and materials used to ensure durability and reliability.

3. Are there any specific features I should look for in a miniature pump or solenoid valve?

The features you should look for will depend on your specific needs and the purpose of the pump or valve. Some important factors to consider include flow rate, pressure range, compatibility with different fluids, and operating temperature.

4. Can I get a discount if I buy miniature pumps and solenoid valves in bulk?

Yes, many retailers offer discounts for bulk purchases. You can also try negotiating with the seller for a better price, especially if you are purchasing a large quantity.

5. Are there any alternative options to buying cheap miniature pumps and solenoid valves?

Yes, you can also consider purchasing used or refurbished pumps and valves, or renting them from a local equipment rental company. Additionally, some universities or research institutions may have surplus equipment available for purchase at a lower cost.