OCR Advancing Physics B

  • Thread starter THE 1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, OCR Advancing Physics B is an A-Level physics course offered by the OCR exam board in the UK. It focuses on the application of physics concepts in real-world contexts and places a strong emphasis on practical skills. The course covers topics such as mechanics, materials, electricity, waves, fields, and particle physics, with optional modules on astrophysics and medical physics. The assessment is a combination of written exams and practical assessments, and the course can lead to careers in engineering, medicine, research, and education, as well as further study at the university level.
  • #1
20
0
I need to see how many replies is get and then il explain the situation more fully

Basically for now all you need 2 know is that i am in my second year alevel and i an just about to start the experimental investigation coursework. If anyone has any pointers or could explain briefly wot they did that wud be gd and then il go into more depth about what i need help with.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2
There should be good examples of past coursework on the OCR website, http://www.ocr.org.uk. You should try there first.
 
  • #3


I understand the importance of gathering and analyzing data in order to make informed decisions and draw accurate conclusions. It is great that you are seeking advice and pointers for your experimental investigation coursework. In order to provide you with helpful feedback, it would be beneficial to know more about your specific research topic and the objectives of your investigation. Additionally, it would be helpful to have a clear understanding of the methods and techniques you plan to use in your experiment. With this information, I would be able to provide more specific and tailored advice. I look forward to hearing more about your project and offering my assistance.
 

1. What is OCR Advancing Physics B?

OCR Advancing Physics B is a specification for an A-Level physics course offered by the OCR exam board in the United Kingdom. It is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of physics concepts and their application in real-world situations.

2. How is OCR Advancing Physics B different from other A-Level physics courses?

OCR Advancing Physics B is unique in that it focuses on the application of physics concepts in real-world contexts. This means that students not only learn the theoretical aspects of physics, but also how physics is used in everyday life. It also places a strong emphasis on practical skills and experimental work.

3. What topics are covered in OCR Advancing Physics B?

OCR Advancing Physics B covers a wide range of topics including mechanics, materials, electricity, waves, fields, and particle physics. It also includes optional modules on astrophysics and medical physics, allowing students to tailor their learning to their interests.

4. How is OCR Advancing Physics B assessed?

OCR Advancing Physics B is assessed through a combination of written exams and practical assessments. The written exams make up 80% of the final grade and cover knowledge and understanding of physics concepts, while the practical assessments make up the remaining 20% and test students' practical skills and ability to analyze and evaluate experimental data.

5. What careers can OCR Advancing Physics B lead to?

OCR Advancing Physics B can lead to a variety of careers in fields such as engineering, medicine, research, and education. It provides students with a strong foundation in physics and problem-solving skills that are highly valued in many industries. Additionally, it can also lead to further study at the university level in physics or related fields.

Similar threads

Replies
2
Views
1K
  • Introductory Physics Homework Help
Replies
2
Views
1K
  • Science and Math Textbooks
Replies
4
Views
359
  • Introductory Physics Homework Help
Replies
1
Views
1K
Replies
4
Views
603
  • Introductory Physics Homework Help
Replies
1
Views
1K
  • STEM Academic Advising
Replies
5
Views
566
  • STEM Academic Advising
Replies
6
Views
1K
  • Science and Math Textbooks
Replies
20
Views
1K
  • Introductory Physics Homework Help
Replies
18
Views
3K
Back
Top