Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Octave on Fedora

1. Jul 20, 2012 #1
    Hi all,
    I'm using Fedora 16 and installed Octave thru Yum.
    There is an example in the Octave manual of using Octave with C++ and it #includes a oct.h file.
    However, the Fedora build may not have compiled the oct.h library ? or I'm searching in the wrong places.
    Has anyone had any experience of this and does anyone know or can suggest a workaround ?
    Just point me in a direction if you can please.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2012 #2

chiro

Science Advisor

Hey DonaldD and welcome to the forums.

You should note that header files are never compiled: only source files with a .c, .cpp, or similar are compiled.

Header files are usually packed only with definitions and even if they do include any code, they are never compiled into a source object file so if you are worried about compilation issues with this .h, you don't need to.

Can you point us to a link regarding this header file and information?

4. Jul 21, 2012 #3
    Just got a reply from another forum. solved it. There was a missing library.
    I know, the header is not compiled. It's just a textual definition file. Just the way I worded it.
    If you still want to look at this, it's in the Octave manual, either the Homepage or on sourceforge

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook