Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Octave on Fedora

1. Jul 20, 2012 #1
    Hi all,
    I'm using Fedora 16 and installed Octave thru Yum.
    There is an example in the Octave manual of using Octave with C++ and it #includes a oct.h file.
    However, the Fedora build may not have compiled the oct.h library ? or I'm searching in the wrong places.
    Has anyone had any experience of this and does anyone know or can suggest a workaround ?
    Just point me in a direction if you can please.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2012 #2

chiro

Science Advisor

Hey DonaldD and welcome to the forums.

You should note that header files are never compiled: only source files with a .c, .cpp, or similar are compiled.

Header files are usually packed only with definitions and even if they do include any code, they are never compiled into a source object file so if you are worried about compilation issues with this .h, you don't need to.

Can you point us to a link regarding this header file and information?

4. Jul 21, 2012 #3
    Just got a reply from another forum. solved it. There was a missing library.
    I know, the header is not compiled. It's just a textual definition file. Just the way I worded it.
    If you still want to look at this, it's in the Octave manual, either the Homepage or on sourceforge

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook