Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Octopi use bipedal locomotion

1. Mar 24, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7286853/

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2005 #2

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

They are pretty amazing creatures, and the Einstein of the invertabrates. Octopi can not only capable of learning through conditioning, but also by watching others.

4. Mar 25, 2005 #3
    After viewing a video of it, I realised just how darn cute they are. Such clever actors!

5. Mar 25, 2005 #4
    :smile: only you hypatia.

I saw the video this morning on the news. Pretty interesting what those creatures are capable of. They can even squish their bodies into bottles! The animal kindom never ceases to amaze the rest of us.

6. Mar 26, 2005 #5
    Those cute sneaky little invertebrae~! hehehe that video clip just resulted in me clutching my stomach cause of how hard I was laughing!

7. Mar 26, 2005 #6
    It is pretty funny to watch. Looked like he/she? tripped a couple of times...hope it doesn't need a bandaid. :smile: It was pretty cute though. The fact they are so mobile and have no vertebrate amazes me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?