A New Journey Begins: Starting School at U of A

In summary, the speakers wish the person luck as they start school at the University of Arizona, either majoring in Astronomy or possibly changing to Optical Engineering. They mention the great programs at UA and encourage the person to keep an eye out for opportunities.
Drakkith
Mentor
Well, looks like I'll be starting school in about 3 weeks at the University of Arizona here in Tucson. As long as all my financial aid stuff gets approved by the VA in time at least. I'll be majoring in Astronomy unless I decide to change over to Optical Engineering in the future.

Wish me luck!

Physics news on Phys.org
Good luck! I think you will do great! I had a friend who went to UA and he loved it there.

Have fun man! Stick to astronomy though it's too awesome to leave behind :D

Good luck and clear skies.

Good luck, Drakkith. I'm sure you'll do well.

UA has a great optical engineering program...possibly the best in the country.

They make mirrors there for prominent observatories and orbiting observatories. If you acquit yourself well, you may get into some interesting programs as an undergrad - great experience. Best of luck - you'll do fine, but keep your eyes peeled for opportunities, too. I hope you have fun.

Keep us posted, and congrats!

1. What are the requirements for starting school at the University of Arizona?

The requirements for starting school at the University of Arizona include submitting an application, providing official transcripts, paying an application fee, and meeting minimum GPA and test score requirements. Additionally, each department may have specific requirements for their programs.

2. When does the school year start at the University of Arizona?

The school year at the University of Arizona typically begins in late August or early September, depending on the academic calendar. It is recommended to check the specific start date for the current year on the university's website.

3. What resources are available for new students at the University of Arizona?

The University of Arizona offers a variety of resources for new students, including orientation programs, academic advising, tutoring services, and career development workshops. The university also has a student support center that can assist with any questions or concerns.

4. How can I get involved in extracurricular activities at the University of Arizona?

The University of Arizona has over 600 student organizations, clubs, and sports teams that students can join to get involved in extracurricular activities. These can be found through the university's website or by attending club fairs at the beginning of the school year.

5. What is the campus life like at the University of Arizona?

The University of Arizona has a vibrant and diverse campus life with various events, cultural and recreational activities, and opportunities for students to connect with each other. The university also has a strong focus on community service and offers many ways for students to get involved in giving back to the community.