Off-topic: Special thanks to the homework crew.

In summary: Tiny-tim, nvn, and phantomIn summary, the conversation expressed gratitude towards contributors tiny-tim, nvn, and phantom for their work on e-education and their role in helping a teacher teach their students. The contributors were thanked for their efforts in sharing knowledge and inspiring others to learn and understand. The conversation ended with well wishes for the future and encouragement to continue making a positive impact.
Femme_physics
Gold Member
Real thanks to tiny-tim, nvn and phantom...

Today I've actually played the part of a teacher to about 10-15 students from my class. I had a board and a marker (though not the privilege or a projector...grr...). And I've helped them get through some problems. I think you guys deserve your thanks and I wanted to make sure you read it so I post it here...you guys do awesome work-- really. Keep it up. You deserve all the credit for your great e-education and helping out :)

I'd have much less confidence without you. You helped inspire me to understand and and I passed on my knowledge :)

Many thanks...

-Dory

Physics news on Phys.org

Dear Dory,

Thank you for your kind words and appreciation. As scientists, our goal is to share knowledge and inspire others to learn and understand. It is heartwarming to hear that our contributions have helped you in your role as a teacher.

We are happy to know that our work on e-education has made a positive impact and we will continue to strive towards making education accessible and engaging for all. Your success in passing on your knowledge to your students is a testament to the power of collaboration and sharing of ideas.

Thank you for taking the time to express your gratitude and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Keep up the great work and continue to inspire others to learn and grow.

1. What is the purpose of the "Off-topic: Special thanks to the homework crew." message?

The purpose of this message is to acknowledge and thank the individuals who helped with the homework-related questions on the forum. It is a way to show appreciation for their time and assistance.

2. Who is considered part of the "homework crew"?

The homework crew refers to the community members who actively contribute to answering and assisting with homework-related questions on the forum. These may include students, tutors, and educators.

3. Are all questions related to homework considered off-topic?

No, not all questions related to homework are considered off-topic. If the question is specific and pertains to a particular concept or problem, it can be asked on the forum. However, asking for complete solutions or direct answers to homework assignments is not allowed.

4. Why is there a need for an "off-topic" message on a scientific forum?

Many scientific forums have strict guidelines and rules regarding homework-related questions. This is to ensure that individuals are not just seeking answers without understanding the concepts. The "off-topic" message serves as a reminder to ask relevant and appropriate questions on the forum.

5. Can I still receive help with my homework even though it is considered off-topic?

Yes, you can still receive help with your homework on the forum. However, it is important to follow the rules and guidelines set by the community to ensure that you are not violating any policies. Additionally, seeking help with homework should not be the sole purpose of using the forum. It is recommended to also actively engage in discussions and contribute to the community.