Is Our Understanding of Dark Matter and Dark Energy Based on Flawed Assumptions?

• Thread starter Louis Cypher
  • Start date
In summary, the dark matter and dark light hypotheses exist to explain the universe's apparent mass, as our calculations suggest it is only a small percentage of the actual mass. However, recent data from the Hubble constant shows an apparent increase, leading to questions about the accuracy of our observations. Some believe that polarizations in our solar system may have skewed the data, requiring us to alter our theories. This raises the possibility that our assumptions about the universe may be incorrect and there is only visible matter present. Other ideas are being explored to explain these inconsistencies, but we are still searching for a definitive answer.
Louis Cypher
I know why the dark matter and dark light hypothesis exist to explain the universes apparent mass; when our calculations say it is only a small percnetage of the universes actual mass etc, and the Hubble constants apparent increase and so on, but what if what we are looking at is innacurate? The reason I ask is that polarizations in our solar system have skewed the IMAP data so that it's inaccurate, meaning our theory needs to be altered to allow for this; could it be that our assumptions are wrong and there simply is only visible matter in the universe? What other ideas are there to explain the incosistencies and are we any closer to finding an answer?

Any answers greatfuly received.

Thanks

Astronomy news on Phys.org
The people who worked on WMAP and the like are very careful to account for local phenomena in their measurements.. Be sure that such things are contained in the error bars of the measurement. There is some debate about a certain octopole moment term in the power specturm, that might be contaminated experimentally, but that's not going to change the bulk measurement of some of those startling universal constants (by more than say .1% or so) .

I see thanks for that Haelfix, that's the trouble with some articles they tend too exaggerate.

Last edited:

What is the meaning of "Oh and one more question"?

The phrase "Oh and one more question" typically means that the person speaking has another question or topic they would like to address before ending the conversation.

Why do people use the phrase "Oh and one more question"?

People may use this phrase as a way to segue into a new topic or as a polite way to ask for more information without interrupting the flow of the conversation.

Is "Oh and one more question" considered a formal or informal phrase?

The phrase "Oh and one more question" is considered informal. It is often used in casual conversations or in more relaxed settings.

How can I politely use the phrase "Oh and one more question" in a conversation?

To use the phrase politely, you can say something like "Excuse me, I have one more question" or "Before we wrap up, can I ask one more question?" This shows respect for the other person's time and signals that you are not trying to dominate the conversation.

Are there any other phrases similar to "Oh and one more question" that I can use?

Yes, there are many other phrases you can use to politely ask for more information or to segue into a new topic. Some examples include "Can I bring up one more thing?", "Just a quick question", or "Before we finish, may I ask one more thing?" It is important to use these phrases respectfully and not overuse them in a conversation.