Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Oh god, my prostate

1. Apr 1, 2004 #1
    Oh god, I was at track practice, pole vaulting, and I seriously damaged my prostate. I had just gotten over the pole, but stalled while going up a bit, and I pretty much came down right on the poll. It nearly went straight up my rectum and pretty much slammed into my prostate. I was rushed to the doctor and they had to give me some sort of shot to stop the swelling, and say that it might need to be removed if it doesn't get better soon.

What will happen to my ejaculate if my prostate's removed, will I ever be able to have kids naturally?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2004 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

sorry to hear that.. I would just take it very easy the next coming days, take bedrest, and hope for a speedy recovery.. I wouldn't worry too much until they can give a more clear prognosis :)

4. Apr 1, 2004 #3
    thats nasty!

5. Apr 1, 2004 #4

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

At least it didn't turn sideways... you'll be fine tomorrow, methinks!

6. Apr 1, 2004 #5
    if they take it out, dont think youll ever have a love life again. that really sucks man. i know someone (friend of a friend kind of thing) who was jumping in this bush with his friend off a patio, he jumped assfirst and a broken branch went through his pants, up his rectum and destroyed his intestines. very bad.

7. Apr 1, 2004 #6
    You've obviously never been sodomized with a pole vaulting pole...

8. Apr 1, 2004 #7

Tsu

Gold Member

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU POOR BABY!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Why don't you PM Adrenaline with your questions. She's an MD.

9. Apr 1, 2004 #8
    Come on you scientists, you should be a bit more critical on April 1.

Though I guess this was a bit too extreme for anyone to say "Yeah right, your prostate, I don't believe you..."

10. Apr 1, 2004 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! That was a good one! Only problem is that us scientists are too oblivious of what day it is to realize it was a joke until you told us :P

11. Apr 1, 2004 #10

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I told you you'll feel better tomorrow. :smile: I'm still amazed nobody else seemed to get it... I mean, c'mon, you got a pole stuck up your...

12. Apr 1, 2004 #11

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You evil, evil people :rolleyes:

13. Apr 1, 2004 #12

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm glad you approve! :wink:

14. Apr 2, 2004 #13

Tsu

Gold Member

You two are really A$$HOLES!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

You got me good. (I haven't noticed the date for two days.) :redface:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?