Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Oh, how time flies...

1. Jun 17, 2015 #1
    It's been a long time since I posted here. I've been a bit reluctant to return, maybe because I was a bit of a basketcase when I joined (well, maybe I still am! Better dressed now, however). Regardless, I've just completed my freshman physics year, so it seemed like I had to end up here sooner or later again!

I've finally gotten my act together somewhat, and it's all working out great. My health is poor (I suffer from Ehler's Danlos Syndrome, and the past few years I have had debilitating back pain and severe fatigue), and because of that I can't really attend any lectures. However, in spite of it all I've been able to pass every exam with top marks with fairly moderate effort, and I've taken projects, labs and such very seriously (writing excellent scientific reports is a skill I've tried to hone well).

Because of my health, I'm not sure what the future holds, but I really am planning on doing my best to excel, and I do a lot of complementary self-studies to keep my discipline up, and challenge myself a bit (Currently I'm working my way through Spivak's behemoth of "A Comprehensive Introduction to Differential Geometry").

Regardless, I'm glad to be back and I really hope to spend a lot of time here, reading and probably asking many, many questions!

Regards,
    Leonard

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2015 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Welcome back TubbaBlubba! Sorry to hear about your health, but how inspiring that you haven't given up. :oldsmile:

4. Jun 17, 2015 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nice to have you back here, and I find your attire quite appropriate :smile:.

I get the feeling that you have great inner strength and stamina. If you have ambitions to stretch beyond where you are now, stick around here!

5. Jun 18, 2015 #4

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome back! :woot:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook