Oh I do love her so

• Thread starter Alkatran
  • Start date
Monique said:
This all is taken too seriously. The girl learned a new word in class: ayurvedic, and wanted to show it off by pulling a joke. It sounds like something I would've done when I was that age.
Where has anyone other than you said it was a joke? I still don't buy it.

Alkatran

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I suppose it probably sounds harsh on the internet, but they're right, I was playing around. I made fun of her some more when I went over. :tongue: Although I did have to set her straight on "Vaccinations being bad," I actually convinced her on that one! :eek: (oh cmon, it's not that hard to do: "Why would they be bad? They put a weakened form of the disease in you so your body can create antibodies for it and fight it much better when it comes along. I mean I'm sure there's some danger involved in injecting disease, my cousin was 1 out of the billion who ended up retarded because of a vaccination, but in general it's very helpful."

OH I should have pointed out that doctor's weren't money sucking vampires because vaccination = less business!

Danger

Gold Member
Telos said:
Isn't that the science of life? "Whatever works" ... ?
Correct. The science of death is "Whatever doesn't work". :approve:

Alkatran said:
I suppose it probably sounds harsh on the internet, but they're right, I was playing around. I made fun of her some more when I went over. :tongue: Although I did have to set her straight on "Vaccinations being bad," I actually convinced her on that one! :eek: (oh cmon, it's not that hard to do: "Why would they be bad? They put a weakened form of the disease in you so your body can create antibodies for it and fight it much better when it comes along. I mean I'm sure there's some danger involved in injecting disease, my cousin was 1 out of the billion who ended up retarded because of a vaccination, but in general it's very helpful."

OH I should have pointed out that doctor's weren't money sucking vampires because vaccination = less business!

Yeah, but was she joking?

Alkatran

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Quote: NO.....LOL