Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Oh Joy, joy, joy

1. Mar 4, 2008 #1

Danger

Gold Member

W wanted to go into Calgary last night, just for a drive. Since we'd just finished clearing our rent, utilities, health care premiums, etc. and I still had a bit left over, I made the decision to quit wallowing in my bleakness and buy a Mac Book (not the Pro... nobody needs that much power). Got to London Drugs, and they had it on sale for $200 off.
    I'm happier than a pig in ****!
    Got a hell of a kick out of the last section of the safety concerns page. While it's capable, the machine is not recommended for the operation of nuclear facilities, mass communications, or air traffic control. :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2008 #2
    Microsoft should put a similar warning on all of it's Windows manuals.

4. Mar 4, 2008 #3
    They should add "keeping a database of recipes" too.

5. Mar 4, 2008 #4
    I feel so much more at ease knowing that, but wonder why it didnt include hydro-electric dams?

6. Mar 4, 2008 #5
    That exact message is tattooed behind my left ear.

7. Mar 4, 2008 #6

Danger

Gold Member

I hope that you don't have to read it on a regular basis; you could get a stiff neck.

8. Mar 4, 2008 #7
    I bought a macbook in september and I still love it. I hope you like yours to! I dont think i would go back to a PC again.

9. Mar 4, 2008 #8
    Eh. I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 (Windows Vista). Not a huge fan of Mac.

10. Mar 4, 2008 #9

Danger

Gold Member

I love it to bits (no pun intended), and I have never owned a Windows-burner since an old 386 that somebody gave me to run my DataLink watch about 15 years ago. I have 2 towers and a desktop Mac, but no room to use them, plus the iBook which I still hope to rescue somehow.
    The only thing that I don't like about the MacBook, and the only reason that it took me this long to get one, is that it won't run any of my software. I'm not looking forward to shelling out how many thousands of bucks for replacement Illustrator CS, Photoshop CS, Quark Express, and Office. Apparently, Adobe Creative Suite 3 is available for less than $800 some places, though. Right now, I'm loading up with open-source free replacements such as Gimp to tide me over. (Strangely enough, it does run a game that I have which was made for OS9 and never ran properly on the iBook with Tiger. :confused:)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?