Oh Joy! Got a Mac Book for $200 Off - I'm Happier Than a Pig in ****!

• Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
In summary, I highly recommend the MacBook over any PC. It is fast, lightweight, has a ton of features, and is very affordable.
Danger
Gold Member
W wanted to go into Calgary last night, just for a drive. Since we'd just finished clearing our rent, utilities, health care premiums, etc. and I still had a bit left over, I made the decision to quit wallowing in my bleakness and buy a Mac Book (not the Pro... nobody needs that much power). Got to London Drugs, and they had it on sale for $200 off.
I'm happier than a pig in ****!
Got a hell of a kick out of the last section of the safety concerns page. While it's capable, the machine is not recommended for the operation of nuclear facilities, mass communications, or air traffic control. :rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
Microsoft should put a similar warning on all of it's Windows manuals.

Poop-Loops said:
Microsoft should put a similar warning on all of it's Windows manuals.
They should add "keeping a database of recipes" too.

I feel so much more at ease knowing that, but wonder why it didnt include hydro-electric dams?

That exact message is tattooed behind my left ear.

CaptainQuasar said:
That exact message is tattooed behind my left ear.

I hope that you don't have to read it on a regular basis; you could get a stiff neck.

I bought a macbook in september and I still love it. I hope you like yours to! I don't think i would go back to a PC again.

Eh. I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 (Windows Vista). Not a huge fan of Mac.

scorpa said:
I bought a macbook in september and I still love it. I hope you like yours to! I don't think i would go back to a PC again.

I love it to bits (no pun intended), and I have never owned a Windows-burner since an old 386 that somebody gave me to run my DataLink watch about 15 years ago. I have 2 towers and a desktop Mac, but no room to use them, plus the iBook which I still hope to rescue somehow.
The only thing that I don't like about the MacBook, and the only reason that it took me this long to get one, is that it won't run any of my software. I'm not looking forward to shelling out how many thousands of bucks for replacement Illustrator CS, Photoshop CS, Quark Express, and Office. Apparently, Adobe Creative Suite 3 is available for less than $800 some places, though. Right now, I'm loading up with open-source free replacements such as Gimp to tide me over. (Strangely enough, it does run a game that I have which was made for OS9 and never ran properly on the iBook with Tiger. :confused:)

1. What is the significance of getting a Mac Book for $200 off?

The significance of getting a Mac Book for $200 off is that it is a significant discount compared to the original price. This allows for cost savings and may make the purchase more affordable for individuals.

2. How does getting a Mac Book affect one's happiness?

Getting a Mac Book can affect one's happiness in a positive way as it is a desired and valuable product. The discount of $200 off can also add to one's happiness as it may make the purchase more attainable or allow for extra savings.

3. Is it common to find a Mac Book for $200 off?

It is not common to find a Mac Book for $200 off as it is a significant discount. However, there may be sales or promotions that offer this type of discount, so it is always worth keeping an eye out for deals.

4. How does getting a Mac Book for $200 off compare to other discounts?

Getting a Mac Book for $200 off is a substantial discount compared to other discounts. It may be a better deal compared to smaller discounts or promotions, as $200 off can equate to a larger percentage discount on the overall price of the product.

5. What should one consider before purchasing a Mac Book for $200 off?

Before purchasing a Mac Book for $200 off, one should consider the overall price and whether it fits within their budget. It's also important to research the product and make sure it meets the necessary requirements and specifications for the individual's needs.

Back