Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Oh my god a monopoly contest

1. Oct 27, 2005 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yes, you heard it right, I saw a news advertisement (community events) saying there will be a MONOPOLY competition at this hotel.... My god... there is a God!

i didnt get hte time or date though :( I love monopoly and if you don't, you're un-american.

And a terrorist.

Theres going to be prizes too :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

on another note, i think my computer is possesed. I turn it on today and every minute or so, I'd hear a random 1/4second blurb of what sounds like a womans voice or something. Weird.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm just testing my new powers. :devil:

4. Oct 27, 2005 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Evo's stealing my computer :surprised :surprised :surprised

5. Oct 27, 2005 #4

russ_watters

Be nice - what the Russ giveth, the Russ can taketh away. :biggrin:

6. Oct 27, 2005 #5

Evo

Sounds like I need to make another sacrifice to the almighty Russ. :biggrin:

btw, thanks for the new powers, I think it's getting to pengwuino

7. Oct 27, 2005 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

The voices, the voices!!!!!

8. Oct 27, 2005 #7
    My computer's speakers were acting up like that for a while too. I figured out eventually that somehow, my speakers were picking up a local AM radio station. :confused: :confused: Usually it was accompanied by a slow crescendoed drone from the subwoofer.

I fixed the speakers by hitting it. It stopped the voices. :biggrin:

Anyone know why this happens?

9. Oct 27, 2005 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Well it turns out my TV Tuner software was like... kinda running but kinda broken... so it was still grabbing sound every once in a while because it wasn't fully closed.

10. Oct 27, 2005 #9
    That might have been it. It probably wasn't exactly AM radio, it just sounded that way (or perhaps it was, not sure). On that computer I had a TV Tuner card and it was also malfucntioning, but it never grabbed sound at all.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?