Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Oh, TOOOOOMMM

1. Dec 5, 2004 #1

Tsu

Gold Member

Oh, TOOOOOMMM!!

When is your big birthday/christmas bash happening? We need to get the RV trip planned. Then there's something about a big barbeque at our place beforehand, but I think afterward would be better. I don't know... Who's gonna do my Christmas shopping? :cry: :cry: I'm drivin' the bus!! HELP!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2004 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can bring a side dish to the BBQ, Tsu. Maybe some german potato salad. Just in case not everybody wants broccoli.

4. Dec 5, 2004 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'll bring desert! I make a dense flourless dark choclate torte with dark chocolate ganache that is to die for.

5. Dec 5, 2004 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

the torte sounds to die for! what is ganache? is it a icing/sauce?

6. Dec 5, 2004 #5

Evo

Here is ganache. The torte I make is round.

http://www.joyofbaking.com/ganache.html

7. Dec 5, 2004 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooooooohhhhhh, yummmmmy! Steak and cake, that's my idea of a good meal! :biggrin:

I'll already be in NJ for Christmas and had a shopping trip to NYC planned too, so I can easily swing by for the big birthday bash. Woo hoo!

8. Dec 5, 2004 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

oooweee! That torte looked good! Just about jumped through the monitor screen to get at it!

9. Dec 5, 2004 #8

Tsu

Gold Member

This is starting to look pretty yummy! :biggrin: We'll just bring everyone back from Tom's party in NY and finish the year out with a giant PF barbeque! You'll have to find your own way home tho! It's only a rented bus! :biggrin: Check out my new thread about signing up for the trip!

TOM!! What should we wear to your party? We don't want to show up slinky if it's a funky party! :rofl:

10. Dec 5, 2004 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Whatever it is, it will give me an excuse to buy some clothes while in the city!

11. Dec 6, 2004 #10

Evo

I thought we had decided to go formal? MIH was going to lend us some of her Barbie gowns.

12. Dec 6, 2004 #11
    And being the resident college student, i'll bring the booze. Hard booze, not any of that keg beer crap either.

13. Dec 6, 2004 #12

Tsu

Gold Member

Good man, franz. I'm allergic to beer. No beer on the bus. Nothing with hops.

BARBIE GOWNS!!??? Errr... You guys go ahead. :eek: I'll find something more... well, I guess I was hoping for funky... :biggrin:

14. Dec 6, 2004 #13

DOn't worry, the softest drinks at my bar are rum and coke (mostly rum), rum and pineapple juice (mostly rum), and rum and eggnog (holiday spirit, whaat can i say?)

15. Dec 6, 2004 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, but do you have any rum? :biggrin: Rum drinks are my favorites, so you're definitely in for the ride!

16. Dec 6, 2004 #15
    Something tells me Tom's not going to be at home that weekend... :rofl:

17. Dec 6, 2004 #16

Score, i knew my love of rum would one day serve in an enterprise not realted to my pirate career!!

18. Dec 6, 2004 #17
    Damn I didn't know who you guys were talking about for the longest time... and still don't but at least I am sure its not me... only thing that had me confused is that my birthday is in december... 10th and something about formal...

anyway who is Tom

19. Dec 6, 2004 #18

Evo

Tom Mattson, Super Mentor Extraordinare

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?