Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Oh Tribdog, where art thou?

1. Jun 3, 2004 #1

jimmy p

Gold Member

LOST: One dog, answers to the name Trib.
    LAST SEEN: One of these threads a while back, or off somewhere insulting his girlfriend.

REWARD IF FOUND!! (Aunt Tsu's cookies!!)

(Reward subject to availability)

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I fear that his girlfriend finally figured out how to spell "PF". :surprise:

4. Jun 3, 2004 #3

jimmy p

Gold Member

SHOCK!!!!! HORROR!!!! :biggrin: that was one hell of a funny comment that he said then!!

NEWSFLASH!!! last seen on the limericks thread....

5. Jun 3, 2004 #4
    News Flash! "HANNIBAL LECKTER SIGHTED IN ARIZONA"

6. Jun 3, 2004 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

his other name........ better get the tranquiliser darts out...

7. Jun 4, 2004 #6
    News Flash! "DOG COLLAR WITH THE NAME TRIBDOG FOUND ON SECLUDED ARIZONA HIKING TRAIL. BRUNO MAGLI SNEAKER FOOTPRINTS ALSO FOUND AT SCENE, WHICH APPEAR TO MATCH LECKTER'S FAVORITE BRAND. POLICE FEAR THE WORST."

8. Jun 4, 2004 #7
    News Flash! LECKTER CAPTURED BY SHAPELY LEG. POLICE CREDIT THE CAPTURE OF HANNIBAL LECKTER TO SCULPTOR RICHARDO CHRISTOFARO. CHISTOFARO ON COMMISSION WITH THE FLAGSTAFF POLICE DEPARTMENT MOLDED 30 LBS. OF FOIE GRAS INTO WHAT WAS DESCRIBED AS CAPTIVATING FEMALE TANGO DANCERS LEG TO ATTRACT LECKTER. “WELL THE PLOY WORK, WE GOT HIM BEFORE HE COULD TAKE HIS FIRST BITE”, SAID POLICE CHIEF DUSTY RHODES. LECKTER IS NOW IN ROUTE TO THE PELICAN BAY STATE MAXIMUM SECURITY PENITENTIARY IN CALIFORNIA. IN RELATED NEWS, THE MAN KNOWN AS TRIBDOG WAS FOUND BY OFF-TRAIL BACKPACKERS CRYING AND MUMBLING, “SWEETY MUFFIN WON’T YOU TAKE ME BACK”. “IT WAS A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF MANHOOD”, BELLOWED BACKPACKER HARLEY BREATHEN. TRIBDOG HAS BEEN REUNITED WITH HIS BELOVED, BUT THE WRETCHED, BUMMED OUT CREATURE WAS IMMEDIATELY ASSIGNED TO HER BACKYARD DOGHOUSE.

9. Jun 5, 2004 #8
    (talking in the voice of Tribdog) Ehh,... here. Here, that's me, Tribdog, I'm back. I was...erm...busy for a few days. Now, can I get those cookies?

10. Jun 5, 2004 #9

Janitor

Science Advisor

Tribdog has returned to the Forum as an English gentleman.

11. Jun 5, 2004 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12. Jun 5, 2004 #11

jimmy p

Gold Member

no no no!!! tribdog is my pet he would be more insulting than that.. :cry: i miss my pet!!

13. Jun 6, 2004 #12
    Last time I saw Tribby was at some burger joint San Diego. He kept muttering something about the "voices," and "We'll kill jimmy too, before he finds us."

14. Jun 6, 2004 #13

jimmy p

Gold Member

aww that sounds like him and he's only playing... I'll get him first... the voices told ME that!

15. Jun 6, 2004 #14
    Just keep telling yourself that, jimmy. :biggrin:

16. Jun 6, 2004 #15

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm truly a bit worried about tribdog. It doesn't seem like him to go away, even temporarily, without a flourish.

I think his girlfriend figured out how to spell PF, read his posts & may have done him in. :surprise:

17. Jun 7, 2004 #16

jimmy p

Gold Member

Or maybe she found the hole in the carpet...

18. Jun 12, 2004 #17

jimmy p

Gold Member

TRIBDOG I MISS YOU!!! you dont know how many broken nights I have wondering where you are...

19. Jun 12, 2004 #18
    As I recall, the first time tribog disappeared it was without any notice. I remember because I had said something particularly provocative to him, and was waiting for his counter-thrust, but it never materialized.

When he returned, I didn't notice any explanation of where he'd been.

There is really only one known cause of sudden disappearance and reappearance with no explanation:

alien abduction

20. Jun 14, 2004 #19

jimmy p

Gold Member

As an Honorary Grey Space Alien, I'm holding you responsible then Zooby

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?