Ohio State vs Michigan

  • Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date

Guess the outcome


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
  • #1
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
18
Who do you think is going to win the big game this saturday, and by what margin?
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
35,847
4,664
Are they already going nuts yet over where you are, Gokul?

Zz.
 
  • #3
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
18
This will tell me which of you out there has sadly misplaced loyalties. I've already written off hypatia (went to UM, and survived), and physics girl (confessed to a fondness for Michigan men...oops oxymoron). Moonbear could swing either way. I know I've got RVBuckeye and Space Tiger on my side...but it's time for the rest of you to redeem yourselves!
 
  • #4
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
18
ZapperZ said:
Are they already going nuts yet over where you are, Gokul?

Zz.
Buckeyes are nuts! :biggrin:
 
  • #5
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
185
80
Michigan will be changing the words to the famous Christmas carol from .....

But Ohio St will win the rematch in January? Seriously, these two teams are way above the rest of the contenders for the national title.
 
Last edited:
  • #6
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
14,916
19
Go Michigan! Trounce those Ohioians!

Wait... UofM or MSU? And what sport are we talking about? (not that it matters...)
 
  • #7
jim mcnamara
Mentor
4,070
2,534
What's the saying?

OHOWIHATEOHIOSTATE! :)
 
  • #8
1,134
9
Goooooooooooooooooo Blue!
 
  • #9
Hurkyl said:
Go Michigan! Trounce those Ohioians!

Wait... UofM or MSU? And what sport are we talking about? (not that it matters...)
UofM and Football [American], respectivly.
 
  • #10
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
18
For Ohio State : Gokul, Guillochon, Greg
For that other team: BobG, Bystander, Hypatia, Hurkyl

What is this: Gs against Bs and Hs ?
 
  • #11
134
0
You know the Buckeyes are going to win by more than 8 points!!!!!

some good UM jokes to get everyone in the spirit:

http://www.starkcountybuckeyes.com/meatchicken.php [Broken]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Q - What kind of car does Jim Tressel own?
A - Lloyd Carr
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #12
SpaceTiger
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2,940
2
Go Ohio State...

...then go Rutgers! :biggrin:
 
  • #13
213
0
RVBuckeye said:
Q - What kind of car does Jim Tressel own?
A - Lloyd Carr
Haha, that's actually pretty funny. But use it quick, because it's not going to work next week.

It will be a close game up until the end with Michigan leading by less than a TD, but then Troy gets desperate and makes a bad pass which is picked off and returned for a TD, Michigan wins by slightly more than 8.
 
  • #14
134
0
LeBrad said:
It will be a close game up until the end with Michigan leading by less than a TD, but then Troy gets desperate and makes a bad pass which is picked off and returned for a TD, Michigan wins by slightly more than 8.
They should just bring the heisman trophy to the game and give it to Troy Smith after he throws another 5 TD passes (and runs for another). Might as well bring the BCS trophy too. This is our year baby!!!!!!
 
  • #15
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
52
I don't care what the point spread is, as long as Michigan loses!!! :devil:
 
  • #16
182
0
BobG said:
Michigan will be changing the words to the famous Christmas carol from .....

But Ohio St will win the rematch in January? Seriously, these two teams are way above the rest of the contenders for the national title.
I doubt they will play against each other in the title game. Whoever wins this week will probably play USC, given that the winner of this game and USC win the rest of their games. It's sorta bull****, but that's the BCS for you!
 
  • #18
213
0
RVBuckeye said:
They should just bring the heisman trophy to the game and give it to Troy Smith after he throws another 5 TD passes (and runs for another). Might as well bring the BCS trophy too. This is our year baby!!!!!!
I don't know, if Troy craps the bed vs. Mich and Rutgers runs the table, they might give it to Ray Rice as a consolation prize for his team not getting the championship game.
 
  • #19
134
0
LeBrad said:
I don't know, if Troy craps the bed vs. Mich and Rutgers runs the table, they might give it to Ray Rice as a consolation prize for his team not getting the championship game.
What Troy Smith are you talking about?:confused: Some of his best games were against Mich. (and hasn't lost to them yet) He is the ultimate big game player. Don't think he's going to suddenly cower in fear now. BELIEVE that!

Just watch this highlight reel:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #20
Gokul43201 said:
physics girl (confessed to a fondness for Michigan men)
I might have a fondness for Michigan men ( :!!) true true :!!) ), but I was "born and raised" in Ohio. Besides.. I keep track of things... and I think the Buckeyes are the better team this year. IMO, they are the storm that can't be beaten. :biggrin:

OSU 8 points or less.
 
  • #21
500
0
Michigan will win!!! You know why??? Because I'm applying there, so I kinda have to give it my support :smile:
 
  • #22
1,134
9
wo0t Yeah Moose! ^5's
 
  • #23
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
52
SpaceTiger said:
Go Ohio State...

...then go Rutgers! :biggrin:
Woo hoo! This is the first time I've ever been so excited about a football game...okay, the first time I've ever even cared about a football game! I'm wearing purple when RU plays WVU...I can't choose! o:) :devil:
 
  • #24
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,749
5
I've thought Michigan was the better team most of the year, but at this point I have no clue. I haven't watched enough of either, and even if I had, neither team has been particularly tested, or even played a decent opponent since the second week of the season. This is a tough game to call, but recent history is on Ohio State's side, because well, Tressel really does own Lloyd Carr.

I just hope SC reaches half of their potential in the process of winning out and is able to give the winner a game. There's still an outside shot they're just like Oklahoma in '03!
 
  • #25
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
35,847
4,664
As if this game needs any more publicity and intangible factors, Michigan legendary coach Bo Schembechler died suddenly today.

This will throw a wrinkle into this game - I'm betting that the Michigan players will now have something else to play for. When that happens, you just never know what to expect.

Zz.
 

Related Threads on Ohio State vs Michigan

Replies
6
Views
569
  • Last Post
2
Replies
26
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
2K
Replies
18
Views
3K
  • Last Post
3
Replies
53
Views
5K
Replies
1
Views
4K
Replies
3
Views
2K
Replies
1
Views
2K
Replies
1
Views
2K
Top