• Start date

Guess the outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
ZapperZ said:
As if this game needs any more publicity and intangible factors, Michigan legendary coach Bo Schembechler died suddenly today.

This will throw a wrinkle into this game - I'm betting that the Michigan players will now have something else to play for. When that happens, you just never know what to expect.

Zz.
How many Michigan players do you think knew he was still alive before today? How many do you think could even identify a picture of Bo Shembechler? I don't think any of the current players were born before 1982 at the earliest.

Something about dedicating a season or a game to a dead team mate or coach always bothered me, anyway. There's games that were exciting enough that you still remember them years later, but most seasons, even championship seasons, just wind up as a plaque on the wall or an entry in the World Almanac (seriously, how many memories of the '89 Super Bowl stick in people's head - a real die hard football fan might remember the 49ers just totally trounced the Broncos, but can anyone remember even one play from that game?)

If you're dedicating a game or season to someone, at least bring the urn with their ashes to the game and keep it on the bench with the team. That way, at least there's a chance of something really memorable happening - one of the players on a sideline play might knock over the urn and spill the ashes.

15 minutes away, first college game I will be watching this year.

Michigan better pick it up!

EDIT: WOOHOOO

EDIT2: Nooooooo

EDIT3: This is a good game O.O! YAY

Last edited:
Game over. Ohio by 3.

Amazing game.

A little close for comfort, but I can't complain.

I had to watch the game at work tonight, it was a great game!

I was sorta disappointed, not enough lead changes.

turbo
Gold Member
Looks like Pfers (well some of us) ought to be making book.

Yep, you would of made a tidy sum on that one.