Ohio State vs Michigan: Who Will Win Saturday's Big Game?

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
  • Tags
    State
In summary, Gokul thinks that Michigan will win the big game this Saturday by a margin of at least 8 points. He also thinks that Ohio State and Rutgers will not play each other in the final game of the season, and that the heisman trophy should go to Troy Smith.

Guess the outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Who do you think is going to win the big game this saturday, and by what margin?

Physics news on Phys.org
Are they already going nuts yet over where you are, Gokul?

Zz.

This will tell me which of you out there has sadly misplaced loyalties. I've already written off hypatia (went to UM, and survived), and physics girl (confessed to a fondness for Michigan men...oops oxymoron). Moonbear could swing either way. I know I've got RVBuckeye and Space Tiger on my side...but it's time for the rest of you to redeem yourselves!

ZapperZ said:
Are they already going nuts yet over where you are, Gokul?

Zz.
Buckeyes are nuts! :biggrin:

Michigan will be changing the words to the famous Christmas carol from ...

But Ohio St will win the rematch in January? Seriously, these two teams are way above the rest of the contenders for the national title.

Last edited:
Go Michigan! Trounce those Ohioians!

Wait... UofM or MSU? And what sport are we talking about? (not that it matters...)

What's the saying?

OHOWIHATEOHIOSTATE! :)

Goooooooooooooooooo Blue!

Hurkyl said:
Go Michigan! Trounce those Ohioians!

Wait... UofM or MSU? And what sport are we talking about? (not that it matters...)
UofM and Football [American], respectivly.

For Ohio State : Gokul, Guillochon, Greg
For that other team: BobG, Bystander, Hypatia, Hurkyl

What is this: Gs against Bs and Hs ?

You know the Buckeyes are going to win by more than 8 points!

some good UM jokes to get everyone in the spirit:

http://www.starkcountybuckeyes.com/meatchicken.php
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Q - What kind of car does Jim Tressel own?
A - Lloyd Carr

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Ohio State...

...then go Rutgers! :biggrin:

RVBuckeye said:
Q - What kind of car does Jim Tressel own?
A - Lloyd Carr

Haha, that's actually pretty funny. But use it quick, because it's not going to work next week.

It will be a close game up until the end with Michigan leading by less than a TD, but then Troy gets desperate and makes a bad pass which is picked off and returned for a TD, Michigan wins by slightly more than 8.

LeBrad said:
It will be a close game up until the end with Michigan leading by less than a TD, but then Troy gets desperate and makes a bad pass which is picked off and returned for a TD, Michigan wins by slightly more than 8.

They should just bring the heisman trophy to the game and give it to Troy Smith after he throws another 5 TD passes (and runs for another). Might as well bring the BCS trophy too. This is our year baby!

I don't care what the point spread is, as long as Michigan loses! :devil:

BobG said:
Michigan will be changing the words to the famous Christmas carol from ...

But Ohio St will win the rematch in January? Seriously, these two teams are way above the rest of the contenders for the national title.

I doubt they will play against each other in the title game. Whoever wins this week will probably play USC, given that the winner of this game and USC win the rest of their games. It's sort of bull****, but that's the BCS for you!

RVBuckeye said:
They should just bring the heisman trophy to the game and give it to Troy Smith after he throws another 5 TD passes (and runs for another). Might as well bring the BCS trophy too. This is our year baby!

I don't know, if Troy craps the bed vs. Mich and Rutgers runs the table, they might give it to Ray Rice as a consolation prize for his team not getting the championship game.

LeBrad said:
I don't know, if Troy craps the bed vs. Mich and Rutgers runs the table, they might give it to Ray Rice as a consolation prize for his team not getting the championship game.

What Troy Smith are you talking about?:confused: Some of his best games were against Mich. (and hasn't lost to them yet) He is the ultimate big game player. Don't think he's going to suddenly cower in fear now. BELIEVE that!

Just watch this highlight reel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul43201 said:
physics girl (confessed to a fondness for Michigan men)

I might have a fondness for Michigan men ( :!) true true :!) ), but I was "born and raised" in Ohio. Besides.. I keep track of things... and I think the Buckeyes are the better team this year. IMO, they are the storm that can't be beaten. :biggrin:

OSU 8 points or less.

Michigan will win! You know why? Because I'm applying there, so I kinda have to give it my support :smile:

wo0t Yeah Moose! ^5's

SpaceTiger said:
Go Ohio State...

...then go Rutgers! :biggrin:
Woo hoo! This is the first time I've ever been so excited about a football game...okay, the first time I've ever even cared about a football game! I'm wearing purple when RU plays WVU...I can't choose! o:) :devil:

I've thought Michigan was the better team most of the year, but at this point I have no clue. I haven't watched enough of either, and even if I had, neither team has been particularly tested, or even played a decent opponent since the second week of the season. This is a tough game to call, but recent history is on Ohio State's side, because well, Tressel really does own Lloyd Carr.

I just hope SC reaches half of their potential in the process of winning out and is able to give the winner a game. There's still an outside shot they're just like Oklahoma in '03!

As if this game needs any more publicity and intangible factors, Michigan legendary coach Bo Schembechler died suddenly today.

This will throw a wrinkle into this game - I'm betting that the Michigan players will now have something else to play for. When that happens, you just never know what to expect.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
As if this game needs any more publicity and intangible factors, Michigan legendary coach Bo Schembechler died suddenly today.

This will throw a wrinkle into this game - I'm betting that the Michigan players will now have something else to play for. When that happens, you just never know what to expect.

Zz.
How many Michigan players do you think knew he was still alive before today? How many do you think could even identify a picture of Bo Shembechler? I don't think any of the current players were born before 1982 at the earliest.

Something about dedicating a season or a game to a dead team mate or coach always bothered me, anyway. There's games that were exciting enough that you still remember them years later, but most seasons, even championship seasons, just wind up as a plaque on the wall or an entry in the World Almanac (seriously, how many memories of the '89 Super Bowl stick in people's head - a real die hard football fan might remember the 49ers just totally trounced the Broncos, but can anyone remember even one play from that game?)

If you're dedicating a game or season to someone, at least bring the urn with their ashes to the game and keep it on the bench with the team. That way, at least there's a chance of something really memorable happening - one of the players on a sideline play might knock over the urn and spill the ashes.

15 minutes away, first college game I will be watching this year.

Michigan better pick it up!

EDIT: WOOHOOO

EDIT2: Nooooooo

EDIT3: This is a good game O.O! YAY

Last edited:
Game over. Ohio by 3.

Amazing game.

A little close for comfort, but I can't complain.

I had to watch the game at work tonight, it was a great game!

I was sort of disappointed, not enough lead changes.

Looks like Pfers (well some of us) ought to be making book.

Yep, you would of made a tidy sum on that one.

1. Who has historically performed better in the Ohio State vs Michigan game?

Ohio State has a slight edge in the overall series record, with 58 wins compared to Michigan's 51. However, both teams have had periods of dominance throughout the rivalry.

2. What are the current rankings of Ohio State and Michigan?

As of November 2021, Ohio State is ranked #4 and Michigan is ranked #7 in the AP Top 25 poll. However, rankings can change throughout the season and do not always reflect the outcome of a single game.

3. What is the home field advantage for Ohio State vs Michigan?

The home field advantage for this game has historically been significant, with the home team winning 72% of the time. This year, the game will be played at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor.

4. What are the key players to watch in the Ohio State vs Michigan game?

Both teams have talented players to watch, but some key players for Ohio State include quarterback C.J. Stroud, wide receiver Chris Olave, and defensive end Zach Harrison. For Michigan, quarterback Cade McNamara, running back Hassan Haskins, and defensive end Aidan Hutchinson are players to watch.

5. How does the weather forecast impact the game between Ohio State and Michigan?

The weather can definitely impact the game, especially if it is cold or snowy. Both teams are used to playing in cold weather, but it could potentially affect the passing game and make the field more slippery. However, the impact of weather on the game can vary and is not always a determining factor in the outcome.