Understanding the Effects of Electric and Magnetic Fields on Moving Charges

In summary, the conversation discusses the basics of electromagnetism and its application on charge particles. It mentions Ohm's law for charge and the force of electric and magnetic fields on a moving charge. The equation of motion for solid particles is also mentioned, with a question about the conversion of equations and the use of Lorentz force.
adnan jahan
Dear Fellows I have just came across with the basics of electromagnetism, and about the application of electric and magnetic force on charge particle,

Ohm's law for charge is
j=σE (1)
if the charge is moving with the speed "u"
then, j=σ(E+u[itex]\times[/itex] B) (2)

force on a charge by electric field is
F=q.E (3)
if the charge is moving through the electromagnetic field,
F=q(E+u[itex]\times[/itex]B) (4)

I am supposed to use equation of motion for solid particles i.e.,
σ_ij,j+f_i=ρu'_i (u'=acceleration ' is for time derivative) (5)

my questions are
1- How equation (1) is converted to equation (2) if the particle started moving ??
2- similarly how equation (3) is converted to equation (4)
3- in final form eq (5) if found f_i = lorantz force but in (5) they use f_i =J[itex]\times[/itex]B, why they did not use equation (4) in this situation.

thank you for your cooperation

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank You very much for your reply but the information given by the link you have given is not good enough...

What is Ohm's Law for moving charge?

Ohm's Law for moving charge states that the current flowing through a conductor is directly proportional to the voltage applied across it, and inversely proportional to the resistance of the conductor.

How is Ohm's Law expressed mathematically?

Ohm's Law is expressed as the equation I = V/R, where I is the current in amperes (A), V is the voltage in volts (V), and R is the resistance in ohms (Ω).

What is the significance of Ohm's Law in electrical circuits?

Ohm's Law is a fundamental law of electricity and is essential for understanding and analyzing electrical circuits. It helps determine the relationship between voltage, current, and resistance in a circuit and can be used to calculate missing values or to predict the behavior of a circuit.

Are there any limitations to Ohm's Law?

Ohm's Law is only applicable to linear circuits, where the current is directly proportional to the voltage. It does not hold true for non-linear circuits such as diodes and transistors.

How is Ohm's Law related to other laws in physics?

Ohm's Law is a specific case of the more general laws of electromagnetism, such as Kirchhoff's Laws and the Maxwell's equations. It is also closely related to the concept of conductivity, which is the inverse of resistance.