Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ohm's Law, KVL, KCL

1. Sep 6, 2011 #1
    Hi,

I just took up a course on biomedical engineering.
    And i have no background knowledge on engineering, having difficulty in following up in class.

Can anyone teach me the basic?

i was studying on transducer (sensor/actuator), focusing more on sensor.
    Ohm's law, KVL, KCL, voltage divider rule.
    Amplifier (differential, inverting, non inverting, instrumentation)
    Ac, DC
    strain guage, LVDT, capacitive displacement transducer, thermal transducer.

Can anyone give me some brief introduction?
    or any good website for reference? for idiots?
    :/

really having difficulty in understanding. I read the textbook "medical instrumentation" but just couldnt understand. :/

REgards,
    adepcy

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2011 #2
    I think you'll have better luck posting this question in Classical physics sub forum here. They are the one that sit around talking theory, here we want result!!!!

4. Sep 7, 2011 #3
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  5. Sep 12, 2011 #4
    To the OP, what you listed in terms of topics is enough to fill an into EE Circuits Analysis course. I always recommend Google. In general terms, Ohm's Law, KVL/KCL are circuit analysis techniques to determine circuit parameters. Op Amps can occupy an entire book. In general, perhaps related to biomedical engineering, they possess the capability to amplify the relatively small [uV, mV] signals from transducers. Ohm's Law, KVL/KCL are helpful in determining a particular Op-Amp's terminal behavior. Again, Google is your friend. Or pick up a cheap [older copy] of a circuit analysis book. The benefit will be to obtain a few sample problems to better realize the application of the circuit analysis techniques.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook