Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ok, how about this

1. Jun 23, 2005 #1
    I just joined here and I also recently purchased copies of "A Brief Histeoy of Time" and "Parallel Worlds". I have yet to finish Parallel Worlds yet but from what i have read, i have enjoyed greatly and look forward to Dr. Kaku's next book. In my time reading Parallel Worlds, though not finished, one question has been nagging me, if the multiverse can at least partially explain the birth of the universe, then how was the multiverse formed?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2005 #2
    we dont even how the universe (our universe) began let alone knowing the 'creation' of multiverse. That is, we do not have the TOE yet therefore we cant even explain the occurrence of big bang. The multiverse idea has yet been tested, mind you.
  4. Jun 24, 2005 #3
    Michio Kaku explains in his new book, Parallel Worlds, that the law that everything abides by is the quantum principle. He says that even when there is nothing at all, the quantum principle remains, and according to the quantum principle, even nothing is unstable. This 'nothingness' bubbled with uncertainty due to the quantum laws and these bubbles spontaneously and arbitrarily expanded into a great multitude of baby universes. He conjectures that from this sea of bubble universes, our universe was formed, but of which is only one out of the myriad of universes formed in the beginning from the quantum laws.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?