1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ok I have a question

1. Jun 1, 2006 #1
    1 5 3 7 5 9 7 11 9 13 11 15 13 17 15 19 17 21 19 23 21 24 23 25 24 27 25 29 27 29 27 29 25 27 24 25 23 24 21 23 19 21 17 19 15 17 13 15 11 13 9 11 7 9 5 7 3 5 1

Just happens to be an equation of a pattern randomly picked but with a certain meaning...

It represents various points of peak amplitude on a sinusoidal waveform of sound or energy with one given tone to ride upon in uncorrupted constant frequency in linear timespace during one long cycle in travel from left to right...

I was wondering if someone could try and help me solve it and put it with in a graph form.... Thanks for any envolvment. ~N~:confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 2, 2006 #2

Tide

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

This is what the graph looks like - though you should easily have been able to plot it out yourself.

Attached Files:

4. Jun 2, 2006 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Yes, you are confused! First, this was posted under "tutorials". I've moved it here, under "Precalculus homework".
    Second, you say "Just happens to be an equation of a pattern randomly picked but with a certain meaning..." but it's clearly NOT an equation- it's a list of numbers. Finally, you say "I was wondering if someone could try and help me solve it". Solve what? You haven't stated a problem to be solved. If all you want is a graph then tide has done that for you, apparently assuming that what you are giving are y-values for x-values he made up. If you want a graph or even a function, you will have to give "x-values" to go with each of your "y-values". If these are indeed "tones" through one long cycle, you should have a "time" associated with each tone.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?