Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ok Ladies

1. Feb 8, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2006 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

But wolram, I already have one of these!

[​IMG]

It may be smaller than what you have (oh dear, this is now beginning to sound like my chocolate fondue fountain is bigger than your chocolate fondue fountain), but I am seriously considering having that on for the next PF Unofficial Gathering in Chicago this March.

:)

Zz.

4. Feb 8, 2006 #3
    I think if you have one of those the ladies will visit. :approve:

5. Feb 8, 2006 #4

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Can I come as well?

6. Feb 8, 2006 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Awww Wolram, you don't need anything special to tempt me to come over. :smile:

7. Feb 8, 2006 #6

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I want to come too :surprised

8. Feb 8, 2006 #7

wolram

Gold Member

Yipppe, my heart is pounding:biggrin: but will you need an hot water bottle:cry:

9. Feb 8, 2006 #8

wolram

Gold Member

I would welcome all PFers, i just hope you will all forgive the sparsness of my cott.

10. Feb 8, 2006 #9

wolram

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11. Feb 8, 2006 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My boss went to a party where they had one of these things, and she said somehow it had gotten clogged with chocolate and it BLEW UP!!!!!!111 :surprised

12. Feb 8, 2006 #11

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

The cheap ones do not have a very good heater control. You can get the cheap ones for less than ... oh, $60 or so. If the fountain recommends that you melt your chocolate FIRST before pouring it into the fountain, chances are it doesn't have a good heater to maintain the chocolate in liquid form.

Also, someone people just throw chucks of chocolate into the fountain to replenish it after it has started running. That's a complete no-no.

Zz.

13. Feb 9, 2006 #12

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Truth be told, I'd welcome being caught in that blast.

14. Feb 11, 2006 #13

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Zapper, my boss did mention that the party host had purchased the fountain, so I believe it was one of the less expensive models. Probably didn't have the best heater, like you said.

Matthyaouw, it sounded kinda fun to me, too, but the problem was that the host was throwing a rather formal dinner party, and well.. I'm sure a few dry cleaning bills were to him sent in the week following! Still, I'm sure the guests will be talking about that party for years. It would have made a perfect "Three Stooges" scene!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?