Ok Ladies (1 Viewer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
2018 Award
But wolram, I already have one of these!

http://www.chefscatalog.com/images/catalog/large/20321_lg.jpg [Broken]

It may be smaller than what you have (oh dear, this is now beginning to sound like my chocolate fondue fountain is bigger than your chocolate fondue fountain), but I am seriously considering having that on for the next PF Unofficial Gathering in Chicago this March.

:)

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you have one of those the ladies will visit. :approve:

arildno

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Can I come as well?

Evo

Mentor
Awww Wolram, you don't need anything special to tempt me to come over. :smile:

matthyaouw

Gold Member
I want to come too :surprised

wolram

Gold Member
Evo said:
Awww Wolram, you don't need anything special to tempt me to come over. :smile:
Yipppe, my heart is pounding:biggrin: but will you need an hot water bottle:cry:

wolram

Gold Member
arildno said:
Can I come as well?
I would welcome all PFers, i just hope you will all forgive the sparsness of my cott.

wolram

Gold Member
ZapperZ said:
But wolram, I already have one of these!

http://www.chefscatalog.com/images/catalog/large/20321_lg.jpg [Broken]

It may be smaller than what you have (oh dear, this is now beginning to sound like my chocolate fondue fountain is bigger than your chocolate fondue fountain), but I am seriously considering having that on for the next PF Unofficial Gathering in Chicago this March.

:)

Zz.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My boss went to a party where they had one of these things, and she said somehow it had gotten clogged with chocolate and it BLEW UP!!!!!!111 :surprised

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
2018 Award
Math Is Hard said:
My boss went to a party where they had one of these things, and she said somehow it had gotten clogged with chocolate and it BLEW UP!!!!!!111 :surprised
The cheap ones do not have a very good heater control. You can get the cheap ones for less than ... oh, $60 or so. If the fountain recommends that you melt your chocolate FIRST before pouring it into the fountain, chances are it doesn't have a good heater to maintain the chocolate in liquid form.

Also, someone people just throw chucks of chocolate into the fountain to replenish it after it has started running. That's a complete no-no.

Zz.

matthyaouw

Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
Truth be told, I'd welcome being caught in that blast.

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Zapper, my boss did mention that the party host had purchased the fountain, so I believe it was one of the less expensive models. Probably didn't have the best heater, like you said.

Matthyaouw, it sounded kinda fun to me, too, but the problem was that the host was throwing a rather formal dinner party, and well.. I'm sure a few dry cleaning bills were to him sent in the week following! Still, I'm sure the guests will be talking about that party for years. It would have made a perfect "Three Stooges" scene!

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving