Ok so now i am crispy

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

I just had a Joni kettle full of fondant tipped all over me, i do not know how the heck i am going to drive home, must keep moving.

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
Wolram, you are the male equivalent of me.

what's fondant?

Yes, I wondered that as well.

wolram
Gold Member
what's fondant?
It is a sugar water mix

I was going to have a shower with my clothes on but we had a major disaster at work when some one tipped some of this down the drain, it set and blocked the main sewer, so i had to
go outside with a bucket of hot water.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You're not burned, are you? I hope it was at least cool enough you're just sticky and starting to set up and not that you're burnt to a crisp.

Fondant is a type of frosting, sets up really firm (assuming the British word means the same as the American word)...when you see a gorgeous cake with perfectly smooth frosting, or shapes cut out on it, that's likely fondant.

wolram
Gold Member
You're not burned, are you? I hope it was at least cool enough you're just sticky and starting to set up and not that you're burnt to a crisp.

Fondant is a type of frosting, sets up really firm (assuming the British word means the same as the American word)...when you see a gorgeous cake with perfectly smooth frosting, or shapes cut out on it, that's likely fondant.
Yes the American and British words are the same, the mix was hot but not enough to scold, but liquid enough to soak through to my skin, i think i have lost about a billion hairs and feel itchy.

I dunno, I kinda like sweet sticky guys.

turbo
Gold Member
Yes the American and British words are the same, the mix was hot but not enough to scold, but liquid enough to soak through to my skin, i think i have lost about a billion hairs and feel itchy.
Just thank your lucky star that it was fondant and not melted dark chocolate. You'd have a bunch of the Sisters pounding down your door.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sorry Woolie :frown: ...that sounds so uncomfortable!

Sounds a bit like when you pour candle wax on your arm, it hurts like buggery for a while, but it cools fairly rapidly. Still it's summer soon you probably needed a shearing. Tough luck mate, doesn't sound like it was too painful thankfully, might of been a little embarrassing though. :redface::smile:

wolram
Gold Member
Just thank your lucky star that it was fondant and not melted dark chocolate. You'd have a bunch of the Sisters pounding down your door.
Dark chocolate? blast it we do not use here (yet).

turbo
Gold Member
So fess up, Woolie! Did you end up with a Brazilian bikini wax?:eek:

So fess up, Woolie! Did you end up with a Brazilian bikini wax?:eek:
I don't think men can get one of those, with the tackle being what it is. But that did make me chuckle. :biggrin:

wolram
Gold Member
Sounds a bit like when you pour candle wax on your arm, it hurts like buggery for a while, but it cools fairly rapidly. Still it's summer soon you probably needed a shearing. Tough luck mate, doesn't sound like it was too painful thankfully, might of been a little embarrassing though. :redface::smile:
It was painfully, like some medieval torture, it took over an hour to get cleaned up.

Blimey, my apologies, fair enough. I think we can all empathise there. :eek:

It's that stiff upper lip thing, obviously being a manly sort of ram, you kinda sucked it up when you were describing it. Well done soldier. :smile:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Poor wollie isn't so wooly anymore. :frown: Good thing it wasn't too hot to scald at least. Something like that could have caused some pretty serious burns.

wolram
Gold Member
Poor wollie isn't so wooly anymore. :frown: Good thing it wasn't too hot to scald at least. Something like that could have caused some pretty serious burns.
I think i will give up this job and become a chocolate vendor.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think i will give up this job and become a chocolate vendor.
I dunno, I'm not sure I like hair in my chocolate, but if you wax before you get that job... :uhh:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You could open "Wolly's Spa". :approve:

That reminds me, my friend and I once had an idea for a day spa. She was Syrian, so we cooked up this idea for an exotic "Syrian beauty treatment" that we figured rich Beverly Hills women would pay big $$$ for. Basically, we would just slap them. :rofl: Hey, it would give the skin a nice glow.

wolram
Gold Member
You could open "Wolly's Spa". :approve:

That reminds me, my friend and I once had an idea for a day spa. She was Syrian, so we cooked up this idea for an exotic "Syrian beauty treatment" that we figured rich Beverly Hills women would pay big $$$ for. Basically, we would just slap them. :rofl: Hey, it would give the skin a nice glow.
You is just so naughty, but it makes me think i could make big bucks from a painful and cheap ,sugaring.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you go to the spa at the Hershey Hotel in Hershey, PA, you can get things like chocolate wraps. I stayed in that hotel when there for an interview once, and opted not to go to the spa because I wasn't sure if being coated in chocolate I couldn't eat would really be a good way to spend my day (I think it would have just made me hungry).