Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ok so now i am crispy

1. Mar 27, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I just had a Joni kettle full of fondant tipped all over me, i do not know how the heck i am going to drive home, must keep moving.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Wolram, you are the male equivalent of me.

4. Mar 27, 2008 #3
    what's fondant?

5. Mar 27, 2008 #4
    Yes, I wondered that as well.

6. Mar 28, 2008 #5
    It's sugary confection.

Or does he mean fondu?

7. Mar 28, 2008 #6

wolram

Gold Member

It is a sugar water mix

I was going to have a shower with my clothes on but we had a major disaster at work when some one tipped some of this down the drain, it set and blocked the main sewer, so i had to
    go outside with a bucket of hot water.

8. Mar 28, 2008 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're not burned, are you? I hope it was at least cool enough you're just sticky and starting to set up and not that you're burnt to a crisp.

Fondant is a type of frosting, sets up really firm (assuming the British word means the same as the American word)...when you see a gorgeous cake with perfectly smooth frosting, or shapes cut out on it, that's likely fondant.

9. Mar 28, 2008 #8

wolram

Gold Member

Yes the American and British words are the same, the mix was hot but not enough to scold, but liquid enough to soak through to my skin, i think i have lost about a billion hairs and feel itchy.

10. Mar 28, 2008 #9
    I dunno, I kinda like sweet sticky guys.

11. Mar 28, 2008 #10

turbo

Gold Member

Just thank your lucky star that it was fondant and not melted dark chocolate. You'd have a bunch of the Sisters pounding down your door.

12. Mar 28, 2008 #11

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry Woolie :frown: ...that sounds so uncomfortable!

13. Mar 28, 2008 #12
    Sounds a bit like when you pour candle wax on your arm, it hurts like buggery for a while, but it cools fairly rapidly. Still it's summer soon you probably needed a shearing. Tough luck mate, doesn't sound like it was too painful thankfully, might of been a little embarrassing though. :redface::smile:

14. Mar 28, 2008 #13

wolram

Gold Member

Dark chocolate? blast it we do not use here (yet).

15. Mar 28, 2008 #14

turbo

Gold Member

So fess up, Woolie! Did you end up with a Brazilian bikini wax?:eek:

16. Mar 28, 2008 #15
    I don't think men can get one of those, with the tackle being what it is. But that did make me chuckle. :biggrin:

17. Mar 28, 2008 #16

wolram

Gold Member

It was painfully, like some medieval torture, it took over an hour to get cleaned up.

18. Mar 28, 2008 #17
    Blimey, my apologies, fair enough. I think we can all empathise there. :eek:

It's that stiff upper lip thing, obviously being a manly sort of ram, you kinda sucked it up when you were describing it. Well done soldier. :smile:

19. Mar 28, 2008 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Poor wollie isn't so wooly anymore. :frown: Good thing it wasn't too hot to scald at least. Something like that could have caused some pretty serious burns.

20. Mar 28, 2008 #19

wolram

Gold Member

I think i will give up this job and become a chocolate vendor.

21. Mar 28, 2008 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I dunno, I'm not sure I like hair in my chocolate, but if you wax before you get that job... :uhh:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?