Old Software Maple 8/9: How to Acquire and Use with Maple 7

In summary, Maple 8/9 software is no longer available for purchase, but can be found through third-party sellers. It can be used with the newer version Maple 7, but may have compatibility issues. There is no free trial available, and it can be used on Mac computers but may not run smoothly on newer operating systems. There are limited online resources and tutorials available for using Maple 8/9.
mattmns
How would one acquire an old version of Maple (say 8, or 9)? Is it something that is easy to do?

Thanks.edit... Maybe I should add that I have Maple 7, but one of the classes I am taking next semester will have a book that has programs that need some of the things from Maple 8+ (I guess they changed a few things around), and I would prefer not to spend $100 upgrading. Are there easy ways to get around this?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ask the university IT department at your university. They may have liceses available for students.

Acquiring an old version of Maple, such as version 8 or 9, may not be as easy as downloading it from the Maple website. Maple is a commercial software and the company may not have these older versions readily available for download. However, there are a few options you can explore.

Firstly, you can try reaching out to the Maple customer support team and inquire about purchasing an older version. They may have a limited number of licenses available for older versions that they can sell to you at a discounted price.

Another option is to check with your university or college to see if they have a site license for Maple. If they do, they may have access to older versions that you can download and use for your class.

If neither of these options work, you can try looking for used copies of Maple 8 or 9 online. Websites like eBay or Amazon may have listings for these older versions at a lower price than purchasing a new license.

Lastly, you can also consider using a virtual machine software, such as VirtualBox, to run Maple 8 or 9 on your computer. This may require some technical knowledge and may not be the most user-friendly option, but it can be a cost-effective solution.

Overall, acquiring an old version of Maple may not be an easy task, but with some effort and research, you should be able to find a way to access and use the specific features needed for your class without having to spend a lot of money on upgrading.

1. How can I acquire Maple 8/9 software?

Maple 8/9 software is no longer available for purchase from the official Maple website. However, you may be able to find used versions for sale online through third-party sellers.

2. Can I still use Maple 8/9 with the newer version, Maple 7?

Yes, you can use Maple 8/9 with Maple 7. However, you may encounter compatibility issues or missing features due to the age of the software. It is recommended to use the most recent version of Maple for optimal performance and compatibility.

3. Is there a free trial version of Maple 8/9 available?

No, there is no longer a free trial version of Maple 8/9 available. The only way to acquire the software is through purchasing a used version.

4. Can I use Maple 8/9 on my Mac computer?

Yes, Maple 8/9 is compatible with Mac computers. However, due to the age of the software, it may not run as smoothly on newer Mac operating systems. It is recommended to use the most recent version of Maple for optimal performance on Mac computers.

5. Are there any online resources or tutorials for using Maple 8/9?

There are several online resources and tutorials available for using Maple 8/9, although they may be limited due to the age of the software. You can check the official Maple website or search online for tutorials and forums where users may share tips and tricks for using Maple 8/9.