Explore Old TV & Radio Series: Space Patrol & UFO

In summary, the conversation on Coast to Coast discussed old radio and TV series such as Space Patrol and UFO. The discussion also brought up the possibility of being able to watch any TV show ever made in the future. Some shows mentioned included The Brady Bunch, Twilight Zone, Green Acres, Ivor the Engine, Superted, Bananaman, Fireman Sam, Thundercats, Bertha, and Green Claws. The conversation also touched on the idea of passing on TV show traditions and the obscure nature of most programs. Lastly, the conversation mentioned the show "It's About Time" and its theme song, which some members of the conversation could still remember.
Danger said:
I forgot that you said it was when you were a kid. Might be too early for me, depending upon what stage of kidness you were in. If it was pre-65, I hadn't moved from here down to the Detroit/Windsor area, so had no exposure to Yank media. If it was after that, I probably did know about it and just can't remember. :redface:

I would say that 1965-69 is about right for the time that I started in on this stuff, but my dad's books and records all looked old by then. Of course, when you're a kid, anything as old as you is old, so who knows? But they may have been released quite a bit earlier than '65. I do remember them advertising this stuff on TV up through the early 70's though.

With that, audience, Mr Playbody will now pee for us.

Baseball game radio announcer [approx]: I was just watching this young couple below us here, in the stands. They seem to be newlyweds who are cheering for opposite teams. I've noticed that he kisses her on the strikes, and she kisses him on the balls.

The bad news: There was five car pile up on the I-5 this morning. Seven people were killed; three seriously.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
With that, audience, Mr Playbody will now pee for us.
Oh, don't get started man. You know it can't end well. :biggrin:

Ronald Reagan, as President, on national TV: We start bombing Moscow in five minutes.

Alright, but just one...

Weather girl somewhere south of me:
"And Helena got six inches during the night."
Loud snickers from off-camera. Girl looks puzzled for a second, then blushes.
"Helena Montana, that is, got six inches of snow during the night... you guys...!"
Fast crossfade to commercial.
:biggrin:

...football radio announcer: He's on the twenty, the thirty, the forty, the fifty...look at that son of a b''ch run!

Ivan Seeking said:
...football radio announcer: He's on the twenty, the thirty, the forty, the fifty...look at that son of a b''ch run!
Rats! That's the only other one I could remember, and I wasn't sure enough of the exact wording to quote it.

Okay, I'm getting off of that now. I'm sure they'll be popping up now and then anyhow. There was one show that I loved (in fact, my folks extended my bedtime to 10:00 once a week so that I could watch it), and nobody else had ever heard of it. As soon as I got my net access I looked it up and there are a couple of hundred links about it. I didn't really check any of them out because I saw that some guy might have the episodes for sale and I want to watch them all before I read anything. Anyhow, it was called 'Coronet Blue' with Frank Converse starring. Unfortunately, it's one of the kind that needed to be resolved and apparently never was. I don't think it even lasted a whole season. I can't wait to see it again.

I also just now thought of another really good one: "The Bearcats" with Rod Taylor and a blond guy that I'm not sure of (like David Soul or Ken Howard, but I don't think that it was either). And speaking of Ken Howard: 'Manhunter'. And 'Stingray'–the Nick Mancuso version, not the puppets. How about the original live-action Spider-Man with Nicholas Hammond and Ellen Brie? It sucked, but it was better than no Spidey at all. There was a series based upon the 'Paper Moon' movie for a while. (Also 'The Paper Chase', but that's a whole 'nother kettle o' fish.) Speaking of which: 'Flipper'...
Are you starting to get the idea of how my mind works? Sometimes I just weird myself out. (I think that it's hereditary; my mother always gets Rue McClannahan and Madeleine Kahn mixed up because of Madeleine Rue. :rolleyes: )

Okay, time to let somebody else talk for a while.

Now awaaaaaaay back, Groucho Marx: You bet your life

Did Evo already mention Fracture Flickers? DVD now at at Amazon
Benny Hill; all heads bow

Ivan Seeking said:
Did Evo already mention Fracture Flickers?
Huh? An X-ray flip-book? :confused:

Diver Dan, anyone?

http://www.rogersbasement.com/images/Dan/dan.gif
http://www.rogersbasement.com/DiverDan.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
None of the above Pics work :|

Lidsville,The Croft Bros. RULED!
Banana Splits, 1 banana 2 banana 3 banana 4
Herculoids
Buggaloos, (British air-surfing humans with bugs wings) with Witchiepoo
Mr. Rogers, NATCH!
Electric Company, with Morgan Freeman I think.
Muppet Show, the original
Grape Ape
On Petticoat Junction, there were 3 cute girls that lived in a hotel with no visible means of support and bathed in the only obvious water supply. There was a reason Old Uncle Joe was a movin' kinda slow at the junction. :wink:

For those of you that missed it before... I give you ...sweet-n-sour! I think ymma gave me the idea.
:yuck: :tongue2:
. :rofl: