Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Olympic hockey medalround

1. Feb 22, 2006 #1
    so whose cheering for who today in ttodays medal round

sui vs swe game in progrees swe up 3-1 so thats a nobrainer
    cze vs slov : slov-i'm gonna say5-3
    usa vs fin: fins-4-1
    can vs rus: this was the matchup i didn't want to see so early, i always root for a rus vs can final...gonna go with the rus 4-2

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2006 #2

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is turning into a weird tournament, wouldn't have expected the US & Canada in particular take such a beating and display such a soulless effort - can't understand with those rosters. Well, at least we can kick some Swedish ass come final time. Although there is probably the best team in the tournament to beat before that, am going to hate Friday seeing Ovechkin & co. 'slalom' through our D.

4. Feb 23, 2006 #3

EL

Science Advisor

Ha, you know how it goes: You are a coulple of goals (or more) ahead before the last period, but then, as always, the Finish mental strength showes itself, and Sweden goes slaloming around the scared blue-white lions and finally scores the winning goal in the last minute. :tongue2:
    (And didn't we see a hint of this behavior in the quarter against USA?...:wink: )

5. Feb 23, 2006 #4

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

..... :rofl: immediately started having flashbacks, lucky at least 2010 Sundin is probably enjoying his rocking chair rather than scoring after the clock has gone past 59:00. The final couple of mins of the USA game weren't really enjoyable, to put it mildly - hope someday our guys learn to play for 60 mins and don't hit the "reverse" too early in the game. Koivu said the final would have to be Fin/Swe to really be a 'proper' one (for us to win that is), but if that was the case and we'd lose would need several years of psychotherapy :biggrin: (the 5-6 a while back still haunts :uhh: ).

6. Feb 23, 2006 #5
    I can not believe Canada is out!

7. Feb 23, 2006 #6

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

8. Feb 24, 2006 #7

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Here's why I like hockey.

Hockey players always know how to put things in perspective.

9. Feb 24, 2006 #8

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Casual guy. His smile is starting to rival that of another Finn - Peltonen - although think he could lose still 5-6 from his 'top row' to rival his :biggrin: .

10. Feb 24, 2006 #9

ek

Halfway through the FIN/RUS game and Suomi is up 2-0.

Looks very likely that it will be an all Scandinavia gold medal game.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?