The thing is, I've submitted close to a hundred internship applications to numerous companies and research programs and either received the shaft or nothing at all. I'm just excited to hear from some one, let alone Fermilab. It made my day for sure!
What is your major exactly? I've visited the facility, it is a particle accelerator lover's dream. I heard that currently, Fermi lab is the biggest accelerator, does Argon have a bigger one? it is also in my state. Well, good luck on the interview.
My major is mechanical engineering but oddly enough, the position is in computer science and related to super computers. I was interviewed because I had some UNIX and programming experience in high school that I put on my resume. I would definitely work on a computer science project regardless of my major, it is still interesting to me. I don't even know how excited I should be. I have my hopes up which might be setting myself up for disappointment but I don't know.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving