Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Omni Magazine - SciFi classic mag

1. Nov 6, 2003 #1
    Omni Magazine -- SciFi classic mag

Does anyone remember the old Omni Magazine publication? It was always filled with cutting edge science fiction short stories and other articles. I sort of remember their Anti-matter section.

Then they just disappeared, however they were present at www.omnimag.com for awhile with notes on their website saying that they were exclusively on-line, but now the site no longer works.

Have they gone out of business? Is there another magazine out there similar?

Cheers.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2003 #2
    Issac Asimovs Digest, Fantasy & Science Fiction, Dunes Tales--just to name a few new publications. Otherwise hit the used book stores. I just picked up about 20-25 used Omni's from the 70s-80s along with a bunch of the other forementioned.

4. Nov 7, 2003 #3

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Omni was part of the empire of Bob Guccione (sp?) one of those high flying empire builders of the eighties and nineties. As I dimly recal, his empire crashed and burned. (Metaphor alert: well if empires can fly, I guess they can crash and burn too!).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?