Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

On-demand TV here - Joost

1. Feb 12, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.joost.com/FAQ.html

Recently I've been enjoying the fact that I can watch shows like Meet the Press on demand, but the long promised on-demand TV may finally be coming of age. They are talking about virtually an unlimited number of channels.

I can only imagine how this will shape the entertainment industry.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2007 #2

turbo

Gold Member

I have been on the sign-up list for the Beta for a while. If someone here can give me a Joost invitation, I'd appreciate it. I live in an area that is not served by cable, and there is darned little science/tech programming on the networks and NPR.

4. Feb 12, 2007 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

What about satellite?

5. Feb 12, 2007 #4

ranger

Gold Member

I signed up when it was known as The Venice Project. I never used my account before. But since someone brought it up, I just downloaded the Joost client and its pretty cool! But I have a low end machine, so I'm not getting the full experience :( I dont have any invites right now. Mayb they are not taking in any more beta testers or its becuase my account just became active. I'm not sure.

6. Feb 12, 2007 #5

turbo

Gold Member

What kind of machine do you need? I would think that just about any old machine would do, as long as you have sufficient bandwidth (cable/DSL) to pull down the content. I've got 1.5Mb DSL and a high-end Dell - way overkill for net surfing.

7. Feb 12, 2007 #6

turbo

Gold Member

8. Feb 12, 2007 #7

ranger

Gold Member

Here are the requirements as listed in the beta test area:

9. Feb 12, 2007 #8

turbo

Gold Member

Thanks, my machine will handle that with ease if they ever register me for the Beta.

10. Feb 28, 2007 #9

ranger

Gold Member

turbo-1, I have a couple of invitations. If you still need one, just PM your email address.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?