Errors & Meaning: Evolution through DNA Replication

• Thread starter humanino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Errors
In summary: Try this one that Boulderhead came up with.In summary, text encoded by an ASCII like scheme with 8-bits per character (including spaces and newlines) can be randomly corrupted so that only 95% of the bits are correct before being decoded back into text.
humanino
Evolution originates in small errors occurring during the ADN replication. This can have dramatic effects.

For instance
  • A woman, without her man, is nothing
  • A woman: without her, man is nothing
Or :
  • The IRS
  • Theirs
Do you know of others ?

Physics news on Phys.org
The importance of punctuation

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be yours?
Gloria

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours,
Gloria

Evo said:
The importance of punctuation
Oh waow ! That is really good :biggrin:

Timing is the difference between "What's for dinner, mom?" and "What's for dinner? Mom?"

I threw my mother from the train. A kiss would've been nice!

I threw my mother from the train, a kiss. Would've been nice!

Ok, I'm stealing from an old thread of mine.

Try this one that Boulderhead came up with.

that that is is that that is not is not that that is is not that that is not that that is not is not that that is is that not it it is

Here is the thread.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=44666

Not as unique as the natural language examples, but here is what happens when text is encoded by an ASCII like scheme with 8-bits per character (including spaces and newlines), and then randomly corrupted so that only 95% of the bits are correct before being decoded back into text:

Original Message:

"I threw my mother from the train. A kiss would've been nice!"

95% bit-wise accuracy:

"I\.00threw)m9 m?ther from@tHe qrail. A {iss so}le'va\.00cagn nice#"

Edit: Here are a few more random corruptions of that same message under the same conditions:

"I threw iy mnthmr`from$tjg traio. A kiSs wowld've veen nhcd!"

"I t(reu!my mnthgr from tHe tra*n. I kiss would3vd \"een$nice#"

"I0tirew my mothep$from 4he tsain& A!iiqc goehtgtm feen nice!"

Last edited:
Evo said:
Ok, I'm stealing from an old thread of mine.
Great minds think alike :bugeye:

What is DNA replication?

DNA replication is the process by which a cell makes an identical copy of its DNA. This is necessary for cell division and the passing on of genetic information to the next generation.

What are the most common errors that occur during DNA replication?

The most common errors that occur during DNA replication are base pair substitutions, insertions, and deletions. These errors can lead to changes in the genetic code and potentially result in genetic disorders.

How do cells correct errors during DNA replication?

Cells have built-in mechanisms to correct errors during DNA replication. These mechanisms include proofreading enzymes that can identify and fix mistakes, as well as DNA repair pathways that can fix more complex errors.

What is the role of evolution in DNA replication?

Evolution plays a crucial role in DNA replication, as errors that occur during this process can lead to genetic variation and ultimately drive evolution. The ability to adapt and evolve through DNA replication is essential for the survival of species.

How does DNA replication contribute to the diversity of life on Earth?

DNA replication is a fundamental process that allows for the passing on of genetic information from one generation to the next. This process, along with the potential for errors and subsequent evolution, is what has led to the incredible diversity of life on Earth.