Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

On my own

1. Aug 29, 2005 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Yep every one is going on holiday except me :grumpy: and i will be all on my
    own with no body there, except Benji, what can i do? have a week long party?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2005 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Hang out with your PC and PF/GD. :biggrin:

4. Aug 29, 2005 #3

wolram

Gold Member

Hmm, i might beat HRW in what was it one time.

5. Aug 29, 2005 #4

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Is Benji a wooly ram, too?

6. Aug 29, 2005 #5

wolram

Gold Member

Hi Arldno. Benji is my dog, a red setter cross wolf hound.

7. Aug 29, 2005 #6

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I guess even he tires of "catch the stick" after a couple of days...
    Note:
    I don't know what you Brits call the game "catch the stick"; essentially, it involves throwing a stick, whereupon the dog rushes after the stick, picks it up and starts gnawing the stick while wagging its tail contentedly.
    Unless he wants to play "catch the stick" one more time; then he comes back to the thrower with the stick, looking at him (the thrower, that is) pleadingly.

That's what I meant with the "catch the stick"-game..

8. Aug 29, 2005 #7

wolram

Gold Member

Benji is a loving but unplayful dog, he will chase a stick, but not bring it back,
    all he wants to do is go walkies and have his belly rubbed, or some other fuss.

9. Aug 29, 2005 #8
    Well even rubbing bellies become old after so many days. Take a few day trips and act like a tourist!

10. Aug 29, 2005 #9

wolram

Gold Member

I wish i could but i am duty bound, Any one want to drop in, you are welcome.

11. Aug 29, 2005 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'll come over. I always wanted to see Warwickshire. Just let me patch up my zeppelin.

I'll bring you some nice tomatoes from California since English tomatoes suck.

12. Aug 29, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Over here we call it "fetch." It doesn't work very well if the dog doesn't want to play or has more fun chewing the stick than returning it.

Let's see, you could run around in your underwear all week and dance naked to loud music if everyone else is away. :tongue2: You could work on making really sad faces to make everyone feel guilty about leaving you behind when they return. You could cut off a limb so everyone has to rush home to stay with you. In a few days, I'll have LOTS of empty boxes to play in...we could build a really good fortress out of them (though that might be too late in the week for you before they are empty again). Or, you could place bets on how many times I'll stub my toe on boxes tonight now that everything in my house is in boxes and they are in places I'm not used to having boxes when wandering about at night.

I have a jigsaw puzzle that was half finished, but had to be put back in the box to pack up, so needs to be started over again. :cry:

13. Aug 30, 2005 #12

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Not bloody likely. :devil: Eh, :redface: sorry, it just brings out my competitive side. I'm totaly lost on this newest clue though...

14. Aug 30, 2005 #13

wolram

Gold Member

AHHH We grow our own tomatoes and------ they are not so
    good, you can land your zeppelin in the field by the white house just across
    the road from me. :biggrin:

15. Aug 30, 2005 #14

wolram

Gold Member

Hmm, I have heard you wander about at night :eek: the mind boggles :biggrin:

16. Aug 30, 2005 #15

Lisa!

Gold Member

I can't believe it, Sir. I think you're doin something great which's kept you away from PF!

17. Aug 30, 2005 #16

wolram

Gold Member

Only pulling 14 hr shifts :grumpy: and building my robot, i am just so :zzz:
    but i all way look in :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?