Creating a Multi-Radio Wave Demonstration: How to Find the Right Machine

In summary: Is that correct?In summary, the conversation revolved around creating a demonstration of how radio waves are used in computer systems to control the flow of electrons. The individual seeking assistance was looking for a way to output multiple radio waves simultaneously to simulate binary signals and create a large-scale example of computer functions. Suggestions were made to use a Diplexer or Triplexer to combine multiple RF sources into one coax output, and to explore the concept of Memory in computers and how it could be simulated with radio waves. It was also noted that radio waves are already used in all computers to manage electron movements.
Charles_The_Erlich
Is there a machine that can emit multiple radio waves simultaneously? I am trying to create a demonstration, but it requires multiple radio waves at once and cannot find any machines that can do so.

Engineering news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Do you mean a wide frequency spectrum? White noise in the RF range satisfies that.

I think we need to hear more about your definition of multiple radio waves?

Charles_The_Erlich said:
Is there a machine that can emit multiple radio waves simultaneously? I am trying to create a demonstration, but it requires multiple radio waves at once and cannot find any machines that can do so.
Welcome to the PF.

You can just use a Diplexer or Triplexer to combine multiple RF sources into one coax output. Can you say more about your application? What frequency ranges? Do the combined waveforms feed a Spectrum Analyzer or an antenna?

EDIT -- Beaten out by the guy with the mustache again! :smile:

anorlunda said:

Do you mean a wide frequency spectrum? White noise in the RF range satisfies that.

I need to output the, preferably same, frequency multiple times from the same source to multiple things at the same time.
I essentially need 1 device to send out multiple signals that can be recognized by multiple receivers, one receiver for each signal.

Oh, then just use the Triplexer in reverse! :smile:

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

You can just use a Diplexer or Triplexer to combine multiple RF sources into one coax output. Can you say more about your application? What frequency ranges? Do the combined waveforms feed a Spectrum Analyzer or an antenna?

EDIT -- Beaten out by the guy with the mustache again! :smile:

I would like something like a Triplexer, but can operate with multiple of the same frequencies or very close.

anorlunda said:

I plan on having insulators of sort so that the signals do not interfere with each other. The problem is that i need 1 source to output the same or very similar wavelengths because the low frequency waves are easier to insulate against. The wave outputs need to be just strong enough so that a small receiver can pick up the signal it is designated to recognize. Think about binary that commands computers as to what to do. I wish to have the waves show that a signal is present or not resulting in a 1 or a 0. I need 1 output device that outputs the same or similar waves simultaneously to different areas.

Can you say more about your application? I get the feeling that there is an easier way to accomplish what you want to do.

Likes sophiecentaur
berkeman said:
Can you say more about your application? I get the feeling that there is an easier way to accomplish what you want to do.

I want to simulate the what electrons do in computers with binary with radio waves instead. Binary just shows that the circuit is complete and is read by computers to perform actions. I want to create a large scale version of this with radio waves taking the place of the electrons.

Ah, thanks. How familiar are you with basic computer architecture and circuits? Are you familiar with the concept of Memory in computers? Do you have a proposal for how to simulate Memory functions (registers, etc.) with this radio wave demo?

berkeman said:
Ah, thanks. How familiar are you with basic computer architecture and circuits? Are you familiar with the concept of Memory in computers? Do you have a proposal for how to simulate Memory functions (registers, etc.) with this radio wave demo?

I am semi-familiar with such components. I know how to program and know some stuff about how the computer physically works. I do not have a clear idea as to how everything works together, but my intention is to essentially create a large-scale example that registers the signals, instead of a creating a small-scale, more functional version of it. I have only started working upon this as of yesterday, so i do not have everything worked out yet.

Charles_The_Erlich said:
I want to simulate the what electrons do in computers with binary with radio waves instead. Binary just shows that the circuit is complete and is read by computers to perform actions. I want to create a large scale version of this with radio waves taking the place of the electrons.
Radio waves are already used in all computers to manage electron movements. The high-frequency circuits use (confined) RF waveforms for the clocking and control signals that dictate the behavior of the electrons in gates, registers, and other computer structures. High-frequency clock lines on ICs can be thought of as confining the RF waveforms to transmission lines, much like coax cable does this on a macro scale.
Charles_The_Erlich said:
I am semi-familiar with such components.
Then you are probably familiar with the concept of "clock trees" for distributing the system clock RF waveforms throughout a computer. That sounds a lot like what you are asking about, but you are still missing the registers at the end of the clock trees for managing the actual data, IMO.

Charles_The_Erlich said:
I need to output the, preferably same, frequency multiple times from the same source to multiple things at the same time.
I essentially need 1 device to send out multiple signals that can be recognized by multiple receivers, one receiver for each signal.

something in there doesn't make sense

you said ... I need to output the, preferably same, frequency multiple times from the same source

you only need ONE source for multiple receivers

Again as Berkeman and others said

What EXACTLY are you trying to ackieve

Charles_The_Erlich said:
I plan on having insulators of sort so that the signals do not interfere with each other. The problem is that i need 1 source to output the same or very similar wavelengths because the low frequency waves are easier to insulate against. The wave outputs need to be just strong enough so that a small receiver can pick up the signal it is designated to recognize. Think about binary that commands computers as to what to do. I wish to have the waves show that a signal is present or not resulting in a 1 or a 0. I need 1 output device that outputs the same or similar waves simultaneously to different areas.
I think you need to specify more exactly what you actually want to achieve here. What actual RF frequencies did you want? Are you planning to monitor the resulting signals from a distance?
Charles_The_Erlich said:
This sounds a bit like a local area network (WiFi, perhaps) where the outputs from a number of computers are monitored by another computer overt s Radio Frequency Link. This is already done by a server which can supply many computers with information (files / images etc) according to the signals it receives from them. This is very complicated but familiar technology.
Perhaps you could draw a diagram of what you had in mind and what you actually want to achieve? Just connecting things up at random has a habit of giving disappointing results so some serious planning is needed.

1. What is a multi-radio wave demonstration and why is it important?

A multi-radio wave demonstration is a scientific experiment that involves using multiple radio wave machines to investigate and observe the properties of radio waves. It is important because it allows scientists to better understand how radio waves work and their potential applications in various fields such as telecommunications and remote sensing.

2. How do I choose the right machine for my multi-radio wave demonstration?

The right machine for your multi-radio wave demonstration will depend on the specific goals and objectives of your experiment. Consider factors such as frequency range, power output, and sensitivity when choosing a machine. It is also important to ensure that the machine is compatible with other equipment and can produce the desired results.

3. What are some common types of machines used in multi-radio wave demonstrations?

Some common types of machines used in multi-radio wave demonstrations include antennas, transmitters, receivers, and spectrum analyzers. Each of these machines serves a specific purpose in the experiment and can provide valuable insights into the behavior of radio waves.

4. Can I build my own multi-radio wave demonstration setup?

Yes, it is possible to build your own multi-radio wave demonstration setup. However, it requires a good understanding of radio wave principles and advanced technical skills. It is recommended to consult with an expert or use pre-made setups for accurate and reliable results.

5. How can I ensure the safety of myself and others when conducting a multi-radio wave demonstration?

Radio waves can be harmful if not used properly. It is important to follow safety guidelines and protocols when conducting a multi-radio wave demonstration. This includes using protective equipment, keeping a safe distance from the machines, and following proper procedures for handling and storing equipment.