On removing little self taint from messages received from the source

Zero

Originally posted by phoenixthoth
it seems like everything we experience is brain based, but that doesn't mean the brain is the source of the phenomena...

cheers,
phoenix
But, unless you can show proof otherwise, the logical conclusion is that the brain is the source.

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by Zero
Hmmmm...so you think there are fairies inside you?
No offense Zero, but it seems as if you're particularly fond of taking an ignorant approach to this discussion and not listening to what people say. There are no fairies or even any metaphysics being discussed here, at least not in the claims Royce and I are currently making. What is being discussed is an alternate mode of consciousness. You know yourself that alternate modes of consciousness exist, since you dream when you sleep. There are many, many alternate modes of consciousness, and the spiritual experience we are describing is simply one of the many.

Last edited:
"But, unless you can show proof otherwise, the logical conclusion is that the brain is the source."

my brain evidently processes signals sent along my optic nerves suggesting to me that there is a computer screen before me. are you saying that the brain is the source of this perception, or the computer screen?

in fact, how would you prove anything is sourced inside or outside?

the computer screen feels to be outside my brain. that could be a misperception.

the messages from "the source" feel to be outside my brain. that could be a misperception.

i don't know what else i have to go on besides what my perceptions tell me.

cheers,
phoenIx